Syncing with Linux

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by dswan, Mar 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dswan

dswan Nobody Special

Can it be done? I'm using a Maestro w/USB and Lycoris Desktop/LX. I thought I read in a post somewhere else that somebody had found a program to do this, but I have not had any luck in my searching. Thanks.

-D
  2. Veedubb

Veedubb Mobile Evangelist

ME TOO!!!
    I'm just getting ready to intall Lycoris Linux on my PC, and was wondering what to do about syncing. By the way, how do you lie Lycoiris so far? Isa it worth switching to? I'm useing XP home right now.
  3. jase71

jase71 Newbie

I wouldn't mind a way to synch with Linux either...

I use Mandrake 8.2, and my Vox is the only reason I keep a 2K partition around. I dual boot to Windows to do my sync and app installs, and then boot back to Linux to get something productive done on my pc...

If I could sync under Linux, I could kill my 2K partition....
  4. dswan

dswan Nobody Special

I like Lycoris ALOT. It is the easiest Linux I have used yet. Nice familiar feel. Took me awhile to get my DSL up and running but everything else was detected and installed automatically. I would reccomend for anyone thinking about trying Linux out. I have WinXP Pro also, but would like to start using Lycoris more.
    -D
  5. Veedubb

Veedubb Mobile Evangelist

dswan,
    It's funny to hear you say that about your internet conection. I'm still running XP most of the time now because I can't get online with Lycoris. I'm on dialup with a creative labs modem blaster and I haven't got he foggiest clue how to configure the darn thing to dial up.