Syncing question Palm TX

Discussion in 'General Palm OS' started by AMG-NY, Nov 11, 2012.

1. AMG-NY

AMG-NY Mobile Enthusiast

Ok so I got a Palm TX a few days ago and I installed Palm Desktop on my computer, I want to sync it, but now my question is how do I sync it so that it load the info from my Palm onto the desktop and not from the desktop onto my Palm. My desktop doesn't have any info so it would essentially delete everything I have put on the Palm.

I remember messing around with this a few years ago and it had to do with something like making a username then syncing the palm and telling it to "create a new username" for the device, and then it would sync the info from the palm onto the desktop.

So I was just wondering if anyone could clarify as to what I should do because I don't want all the data on my Palm to be deleted.

2. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

I don't know which version of Palm Desktop you are using, but you should be able to right click on the hotsync manager in the tray and change the sync for any conduit to a one-time handheld overwrites desktop.

3. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

Make a backup of your TX with NVBackup before you hotsync. If anything goes wrong, you can recover.

Hook likes this.
  4. AMG-NY

AMG-NY Mobile Enthusiast

I'm using Palm Desktop 6.2

how do I do that?

5. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

Yes, what Jig said, I wasn't thinking. :rolleyes: Very important.

You'll find a link to NVBackup on my TX Help Page, linked in my signature.