Synchronization of multiple devices

Discussion in 'Windows Mobile Device Center and ActiveSync (Windo' started by Rolf, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Rolf

Rolf Newbie

I have multiple devices (wm 6.5) and I need to synchronize them into the same folder. So no matter which device is connected it would always synchronize to that specific folder.

It should work the way that as a part of an installation process each device (wm 6.5) would store some data into device registry. The PC where all the devices would be synchronized would store some data too. Then, while synchronizing any of those devices, the device would be immediately recognized, new partnership wouldn't be necessary and all the data would be automatically synchronized into the specific folder in PC.

Long time ago I did this for ActiveSync (using Win XP) and PocketPC devices, but so far no luck for MMDC (Windows 7).

I tried to export partnership from PC and one device. I thought that replicating the registry settings (partnership) for all devices would cause all the devices look like a single device. Well, this doesn't work because in registry of PC there is a DeviceHardwareId key. It (it's probably him) causes that other devices are not recognized and new partnership is always created.

Thanks in advance for any ideas how to solve this.
    Rolf

2. DrAT

DrAT Mobile Deity

Have you tried Easy Sync? I haven't tried the latest version but used it previously to keep a couple of iPAQs and a phone organized. I had some success with the Windows SyncToy Power Toy before I moved to Windows 7. Microsoft's Live MESH worked very well for me until support for Windows XP was removed. I don't know whether WM6 is supported in the latest version.
    It should really be easy to do what you want but it's anything but as you have found. Currently, I don't bother trying to keep files synchronized. I use Outlook to keep my PIMs in order and PhatNotes for most other information.