Synching Legacy PIM databases with Palm Desktop V-6.2

Discussion in 'Sync (Windows/Palm OS)' started by cesdewar, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Mystic670

Mystic670 Newbie

It worked like a charm. Thank you....:newpalm:

2. rmondillo

rmondillo Newbie

i have a laptop with vista, and a 'legacy' palm m500. i downloaded v-6.2 access desktop, and took your suggestion as to launching your freeware app. i still cannot hotsynch the devices. any suggestions. thanks.

ronmon

3. rmpete

rmpete Newbie

Hi,
    Will "Synching Legacy PIM databases with Palm Desktop V-6.2" let me sync my Palm Tungsten E in Windows 7?
    Thanks

4. Evildad

Evildad Newbie

Wow, after DAYS of fighting trying to use infrared to sync my Palm m125 to my Vista 64 PC, this little app fixed it. I had desktop 6.2 installed, but it wasn't syncing, I got a message that it was failing partway through. I uninstalled 6.2 and reinstalled 4.1, and the sync worked but only the calendar came through. I upgraded to 6.2 again, and it now did a very lengthy sync and backup, but nothing showed in Palm Desktop. I installed this app, thinking I'd have to do a re-sync, but when I opened Palm Desktop again, THERE WAS MY DATA.

Thank you! Ad for the record, I'm using a Cable Unlimited IrDA Wireless Bridge I bought from Amazon. Install was no problem. This last little bit was the big hurdle.

5. mf2

mf2 Newbie

Hello All helpful people,
    I do not know if my m515 is considered a legacy or historical or "so old that no one cares anymore" so I don't know if you can help.
    After getting new Windows 7 64 bit computer my m515 would not sync via the cradle. I have lost the Palm OS software disc and downloaded and installed Palm 4.1.4 which is what I think I had before. From previous forum discussions, I have come to believe that I cannot sync via cradle so I bought a Bluetooth dongle and a Palm Bluetooth card. It now appears that I need to install Bluetooth software to the handheld via the cradle before I can use the bluetooth to sync--an obvious paradox.
    Also, in my excitement upon receiving the bluetooth card I put it into the handheld to see how it fit before I saw the warning that one must install the software before inserting card or card will not work. It is hard to believe that this has screwed me up permanently but please tell me I did not.
    Please tell me I how I can install the software without the cradle so that I can sync without the cradle.
    I thought of using my wife's Vista laptop to download Palm OS and/or install Bluetooth software to handheld (do I need to do both?) but she is afraid this will screw up her computer.
    I really appreciate your wisdom. Also feel free to let me know if I am on a totally wrong track.
    Thanks,

6. holvoetn

holvoetn Still a moderator ...

Have you already tried the SD card to move the SW over ?
    See which install files are going to be synced (QuickInstall folder or so ?), then search for those files and move them onto the SD card manually and install from there.

7. Steve in Conn.

Steve in Conn. Newbie

Thanks for the help. My Tungsten T will now magically synch with desktop 6.2.2 on win 7 64 bit computer. I presume that the old desktop 4.1 even with the new driver for the Tungsten will not synch any longer?

Also, although it appears the conduits and capability exists to synch to Outlook, it will not work with Outlook 2003. Is there a fix for that?

Lastly, I bought a blue tooth usb device but even after successfully pairing the Palm Tungsten and my computer the synchs fail to connect.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2015
  8. reb1

reb1 Mobile Deity

The Palm desktop 4.1.4 is probably the better desktop version for what you need. Did you try start/all programs/Palm/PIM conduit sync/sync with Outlook. There is a commercial app called Pocket Mirror. Your palm is old enough that it is a legacy device and will probably not sync properly on desktop 6.2 even for the desktop PIMs without the free software from Pimlico called PalmHotsyncSetup.

http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/palmhotsyncsetup.exe

Palm Outlook 2010 sync solution.

9. ras002

ras002 Newbie

Success!

PDA: Sony Clie PEG-SJ22
    Palm Desktop v6.2: Palm Desktop - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com
    64-bit drivers: Setting Up Palm OS Hot syncing with Windows 7 or Vista 64bit
    And this software when the sync was done after the better part of an hour (first sync, lots of data; subsequent syncs < 30 sec)

I was starting to try the upgrading from Win 7 Premium to Ultimate for access to XP mode, but this programme worked great! Like a previous user said, after running this programme the data simply appeared in Palm Desktop without needing another sync.

Many cheers!
    Rich

10. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Welcome to Brighthand, ras002. :)

You have raised the dead for a good reason, a rare thing. ;) Congrats on your success.