Sync Palm T|X over network with Ubuntu 9.10

Discussion in 'Sync (Mac and Linux/Palm OS)' started by Dngrsone, Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dngrsone

Dngrsone One Serious Wiku

If nothing else, this is a reminder to myself for the next time I screw it up/ install a new OS again. :rolleyes:

Under System/Preferences/Palm OS Devices you must add your handheld. Best way to do that is with a direct USB sync.

You'll need to have a USB cradle set up under the Devices tab for a USB sync (duh) and add a Network Device for Network syncing.

Set up your T|X to access your wireless network. If you are using a firewall like my Soothwall Express 3.0 then there's some additional footwork:

I have PDA's and other not-so-secure wireless going through my PURPLE interface, which is firewalled away from my wired LAN computers on GREEN.

I assigned a fixed IP to my T|X based on its MAC and pinholing that IP to my laptop's fixed IP on the GREEN interface using TCP and accessing port 14238.

This is good for syncing to gnomepilot. I have yet to figure out how to get jpilot to sync over the network, but since most of the jpilot apps seem to interface with the gnomepilot databases, I can netsync except when installing to the T|X.

2. Dngrsone

Dngrsone One Serious Wiku

Installing to the handheld can be accomplished by adding the Pilot applet to one of your toolbars and then dragging the appropriate .pdb file to the applet icon. The file will be uploaded on the next wireless sync.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.