Sync iPhone without iTunes?

Discussion in 'iOS / iPhone' started by Pupator, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pupator

Pupator Guest

Here's the problem. I had to upgrade my computer to the 64-bit version of Vista over the weekend (for work). The good news is that I gained a considerable performance increase.

Before doing the upgrade I checked to make sure all my apps would work. iTunes says that it doesn't work properly with 64bit Vista and that you'll lose the ability to burn CDs. This isn't a big deal for me so I go ahead with the upgrade.

Afterwards, iTunes installed fine so I was good to go. Until this morning when I tried to sync my iPhone to get some calendar changes I'd made.

[​IMG]
    Except there is no 64 bit version of iTunes.

So does anyone know of any apps that will let me sync iPhone's calendar and contacts without the use of iTunes? I've googled a bit but haven't had much luck.

2. RobbM

RobbM Big Shot in the Lab

It existed on the Mac, at least for a little while, but Apple may have changed that with firmware updates.

Have you tried http://www.iphoneatlas.com/ ?

3. Pupator

Pupator Guest

They don't have any info on their site about it - except that if I jailbreak it, there's a webportal service I can use (but it doesn't currently do calendar, just contacts). I e-mailed them to see if they have any other ideas.

Thanks for the link though - looks like a useful site.

4. John Wa

John Wa Newbie

5. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

Ouch, Pupator, that sucks!

If you've got a flak jacket and some anti-flame equipment the gang over at macrumors might have a few ideas. Just be prepared for people to take it very personally that you'd dare question anything apple's ever said or done. There's a few smart guys there though, and they might know more about that.

The only other option I can think of is to hop onto an exchange system of some sort and wirelessly sync your calendar and contacts. Then you could use some of the music workarounds, at least until you get the itunes stuff worked out.

6. Pupator

Pupator Guest

This is a very old post. There is now a version of iTunes that works in a 64 bit environment.

7. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

D'oh. I didn't even look at the dates before I responded. We need some sort of warning on these things. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.