Switch to Blackberry

Discussion in 'Blackberry' started by rxster, Sep 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rxster

rxster Mobile Evangelist

I currently have a 650 and not totally impressed with the current Palm options as far as new devices. I am looking at switching to the new Blackberry Pearl Smartphone. Does anyone know what I will be loosing by going with this device? Can you set up pop email as easy as the Treo?

2. Brian

Brian Mobile Deity

If you're just popping email, you should find the Pearl to suit you just fine. What you lose those is access to a giant library of 3rd party software. And while they've added some media options, it won't perform nearly as well in terms of audio/video either. But if those things aren't important it should make for a good data device.

3. dave697

dave697 Newbie

I just switched from the treo to the blackberry 8100 and I can't believe the difference. The email is incredible. It's easy and the platform is solid. I'm afraid I'd have a hard time switching back to palm after this device. People have actually stopped me on the street to ask me about it. Highly recommend if you can get your hands on one.

4. Abbey

Abbey Goldmember

What audio/video features do you lose with the Pearl? The Pearl plays both audio and video files. I don't think any device does e-mail better than BlackBerry. I was shocked when I switch from Palm to BlackBerry 3 years ago.