Suggestions for prolonging battery life on a single charge?

Discussion in 'Android OS' started by RickAgresta, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

Most big battery phones I've seen have been pretty budget-minded. Apparently manufacturers think everyone who can afford premium wears skinny jeans. Most of those aren't available in the U.S. either, most are in Asia.

Maybe the idea is if we can't lose weight, we can live vicariously through our insanely thin phones...?

2. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

checking now to see if my replacement Big Honkin' Battery's initial performance was a fluke (where it ran 34 1/2 hours and still had 23% charge) -- ran it down to 1% yesterday, put it on my wall charger (not in the phone) ~8pm, and it's still there. It has easily been making it through an entire 12-to-14 hour day, but not as good as that first time.

3. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

I just did another deep discharge to test my setup. Made it 66 hours with the case having 2 lights on, but no longer being able to maintain charging the phone (it would cut out shortly after starting). The phone was nearly full, so I probably would have made it to 72 hours, but it was bed time so plugged it in over night. Very happy with this setup. Will continue to top off every other night (36 hours without a charger).