Suggestions for prolonging battery life on a single charge?

Discussion in 'Android OS' started by RickAgresta, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

You are correct. Her's is Nov 30th. Thanks!

2. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

It looks very industrial grade. I like it. :newpalm:

lelisa13p, Hook, RickAgresta and 2 others like this.
  3. Hook

One drawback to using an external battery, even one that is attached, is that it is viewed by the system as being plugged into the wall, so there are no battery stats available on the external battery. That means all I have is the rough estimate of the four lights on the back of the case. I just dropped to 3 lights on, so I presume that means the external battery is at 75% (the internal battery is still 100%, of course). That's since 3pm yesterday.

scjjtt and Mi An like this.
  4. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Hook, I see that the external battery has a power button in it. Does it just turn on the power level LEDs, or does it actually power the external battery on and off? In other words, can you use the phone's internal battery without removing it from the case? If you can, will USB functions (data transfer, OTG) work with the external battery off?

It's a huge case alright. Kind of hard to fully comprehend its size from pictures and videos. Does it feel comfortable to hold and use for extendend times?

scjjtt, Mi An, jigwashere and 2 others like this.
  5. Hook

It both a power level check and an on/off button. I will have to wait until tonight to test whether the port works when off, but I suspect it does. I just didn't think of that test, only tested when it was on.

It's quite comfortable in my hand. Last night I watched a TV show in bed holding the phone and it was fine. And, hey, it can stand on it's side without a kickstand. :vbgrin: It's hefty, but it isn't hard to hold. However, I suspect this is something that will vary from person to person based on preferences and perception. It doesn't bother me at all and in fact I like the feel of something substantial in my hand.

I'll try to get some more shots tonight with better reference objects.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    scjjtt, Mi An, jigwashere and 2 others like this.
  6. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

I'm looking forward to the drop test. How is it as a chew toy? ;)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

scjjtt, RickAgresta, Hook and 3 others like this.
  7. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

Too soon! :vbtongue:

scjjtt, raspabalsa, lelisa13p and 3 others like this.
  8. Hook

So here are a few more photos with comparisons to common objects that we might all have. It's really hard taking good photos with my tablet, so bear with me.:vbrolleyes:

This first photo is a height and width comparison showing Hookette in the middle. On the right is a Palm TX and on the left is the bumper case that is a tight fit around the Nexus 6. You can see,compared to the bumper case, the Zerolemon mostly adds height because of the bezel at the bottom where all the circuitry stuff is.

[​IMG]

The next photo shows the relative thickness of the three. Again, the 6p with the Zerolemon case is in the middle, the TX on the right and the Rhinoshield bumper on the left.

[​IMG]

Finally, I put Hookette side-by-side with a standard DVD case, since I would think most of us have DVD cases around so makes a good scale reference.

[​IMG]

And finally, a less objective comparison since you don't know the size of my hand, but a comparison of the hand with the 6p on one side and the Palm TX on the other. The Palm always felt small in my hand.

[​IMG]

Hope this helps. :hi:

9. Hook

To answer Raspy's other question, it works fine with the battery turned off, both charging and transferring files from the computer. Didn't try OTG, but pretty certain it would be fine. :vbsmile:

10. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Thanks for the pics, Hook. The TX works as a reference for me... although the 6p in its case is huge, it doesn't look excessively so anymore to me. I've seen people carry larger phablets (as long as the 6p + case but much wider) sporting a mere 720p screen and other equally unremarkable specs. The ability to power the pack off is very nice, it should let you "exercise" the 6p's own battery to ensure it won't meet an early demise. Overall looks like a very nice and useful power armor, even if it lacks firepower :D

lelisa13p, scjjtt, Mi An and 3 others like this.