Suggestions for prolonging battery life on a single charge?

Discussion in 'Android OS' started by RickAgresta, Nov 17, 2017.

1. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

[​IMG]

:D

scjjtt, Hook, lelisa13p and 2 others like this.
  2. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

Update #1: Came home from work and disconnected the battery pack from the charger (about 15 hours uninterrupted charging). All 4 lights were lit while plugged in (when plugged in the four lights staying on indicate fully charged). Check. When unplugged all four lights go out (nothing happening). Check. Put phone in case. Then did a short push on button and all four lights come on and go off (that's the battery charge level test). Check. Long press starts charging the phone. All four lights go on briefly and then go off. Check.

Will monitor the situation, but the long charge appears to have finished the reset and everything *seems* to be back to normal.

If it indeed stays normal, I will post the procedure on the pages with users complaining about the battery dying after 8 months. (Procedure being wait however many days for the battery to run down enough to unfreeze everything, then do a full (minimum) 12 hour recharge). Maybe it will work for others. Right now I'll wait and see if it truly works for me.

3. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

4. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

5. Hook

Update #2

While the case is working, it is clearly not holding a charge like it did before. Last night it dropped to 3 lights a mere 4 hours after the 12 hour charge, so I charged while I slept and after a few hours has again dropped to 3 lights and when I connect the charger, it is that third light that blinks, indicating to me it is less than 75%. It might be that batttery capacity has been reduced by whatever happened.

I got an email this morning from Joey (you remember Joey-- made me wonder how many folks at Zerolemon are named after the Ramones :vbwink: ) who asked if my address was correct so he could send me a box to send in the device. Let's see where this goes.

Will I ever see this box? Will it be addressed to Taiwan? When I send in the case will I ever see it or another from them? :vbrolleyes:

RickAgresta, lelisa13p, Mi An and 3 others like this.
  6. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

All l I want is you
    You can trust me
    If you want to

Dee Dee Ramone, 1994

;) :D

7. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Love, Zippy :vbsmile:

Zippy's Box_Green.png

8. Hook

The new battery case came today. It is now doing it's 12 hour charge and all should be good again tomorrow.

The old case still works as a backup if I never get that return box. However, it can't get the phone through much more than a day (but all day, from, in my case, 3:30 am until 10pm) and has to be charged each night and it isn't quite as persistent in charging the phone once turned on. Still, it is better than the phone by itself. So, if it doesn't disappear into Taiwan, I'll keep it as a backup.

If they do send the box, I won't be able to resist sending it off to see what happens, even though I might never see it again.

9. Hook

Okay, this is getting interesting. Was emailed a printable USPS First class shipping label addressed to Zerolemon in Chicago, Il, but with a notation that it is going to New Egg (which is who shipped it when I ordered the first time from Taiwan. Joey indicates in the email, they are going to replace it. I'll get it off today and we will see.

10. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Your devices have the most interesting adventures, Hook... Good luck with this one!