Stream Audio from PC to PDA

Discussion in 'Multimedia (Windows Mobile)' started by databoy2k, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. databoy2k

databoy2k Newbie

Hey All:
    I'm looking for a solution to stream audio from my PC to my PDA. I've managed to run wires to my television so that I can view my computer screen from another room, but I cannot run audio cables. I would like to transmit the audio through my PDA on WM6, either through WLan or through Bluetooth. Does anybody know how to do this?
    Thank you for any support.
    --Databoy2k

2. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

Take a look at www.Orb.com. I don't have a WM6 device, but there are apps that can stream on it, e.g., Kinoma Player, TCPMP, and pTunes. Once you set up Orb on your PC, you should be able to stream various media.

Orb is just one solution that works for me. The successor to Avvenu was discussed recently, but I don't recall the name. Hopefully someone else will come along and provide a more comprehensive list of options.

Welcome to Brighthand! :)

3. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

Ovi Files, the successor to Avvenu, does not stream anything, it just gives you access to files on your computer remotely.

4. databoy2k

databoy2k Newbie

Thanks for the tip, but it doesn't seem to be quite what I want. I'm looking to run the video file on my PC but have the audio output device be my PDA. Not that it has to be done through Bluetooth, but if you connect a bluetooth headset to a computer, one of the audio devices becomes the headset and therefore it receives the audio stream at the same time as the video stream is playing. This is what I wish to do through my PDA, because it has a headphone port that I can use to connect to my TV's audio input.
    Perhaps there is a way of streaming the audio that is coming live through the speakers into Orb, but I'm not finding it.
    Thanks for the continued help.
    --Databoy2k

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.