Still using TX?

Discussion in 'Palm' started by Mr. West, Jul 29, 2011.

1. RickAgresta

RickAgresta General Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

thanks for the heads up on this one (although on my palms I have YAPS), and
    congrats on the 1000 post mark!!

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2015
  2. Hook

Hook Have keyboard, will travel

That's a nice find. I ended up going to SBSH Safe Wallet not just because it is a good program (it is) but they made a pretty solid commitment to cover all platforms (including WebOS). I went to it when I left Palm for Symbian and it was waiting for me on Android. They are also on iOS, WP7 and Mac.

3. brickman65

brickman65 It's a state of mind..

iOS actually has eReader. Stanza bought them and that is what it is in the App Store now but it started as eReader Pro. I use 1Password Pro for Keyring replacement. I've liked it.

Just some suggestions for anyone that is considering moving from Palm to iOS.

4. jbenham

jbenham Mobile Deity

:D :D :D My Zire 21, I got strictly for contacts, to get all the post-it notes off my desk. The calculator on that thing was awesome! I traded it in for the Zire 32 because the 32 has expandable memory and Palm was offering $50 for any old devices. The Zire 32 was ahead of it's time, I think. The word "apps" wasn't even in our vocabulary yet. It had bluetooth and ereader and pretty neat gaming capabilities. Then we went on a cruise and our friends' son had a Zire 71. Ooh a camera! Just what I needed for our upcoming trip to Alaska!. So I got my wife hooked on the Zire 32 so I could justify getting the Zire 71. Loved it! It had everything I wanted--- except internal wifi. When the battery gave out, I used that as a reason to get the TX.

The wife still has the Zire 32 and it works fine. We gave the Zire 71 away and it still works fine if it is kept plugged in. About this time computers started coming out with 64 bit Operating Systems and Palm never came out with software for it. All those years, the service and products from Palm was top notch, but with no way to hot sync, I quit paying attention. When HP bought Palm they farmed out the database process. By the time I checked in all of my account information was gone. Luckily, I had almost everything backed up on a memory card so not much is permanently gone.

5. Hook

Hook Have keyboard, will travel

Actually, Android has ereader too. You have to sideload it (it's not in the market but downloadable from their website) and it is far from the slickest of implementations (it hasn't been updated in two years or more), but it works well enough if you already have an inventory of ereader books and don't want to figure out how to use a python script to kill the DRM. ;) :rolleyes:

6. Dngrsone

Dngrsone One Serious Wiku

Thanks! I didn't even notice.

I probably won't go for iAnything-- the nature of Apple consumerism goes against my punk-rock/open-source inclinations. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2015