still no case for 210

Discussion in 'Other Device Manufacturers' started by kylehca, Feb 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kylehca

kylehca Mobile Deity

thought it would be great to keep a thread open on the availability of cases for the ipaq 210. So far nothing is available as of yet, from what I understand.

2. stallen

stallen Mobile Deity

3. follick

follick Mobile Deity

4. stallen

stallen Mobile Deity

There are a bunch of universal cases that will work. Also, just about any case that fit the HP iPAQ 4700 will fit the iPAQ 210. However, if you are looking for a case that doesn't require removing the iPAQ 210 from the case to use it AND has the proper openings for speaker, sync, headphones, etc., then the Piel Frama case is just about the only option right now.

5. stallen

stallen Mobile Deity

I am hoping for a "slipper" case from E&B cases. I also like the Piel Frama case, but I want black and I'm annoyed that the entire case is not black. For some reason leather fold is tan/brown on every color option.

6. scrollop

scrollop Mobile Consultant

Poor animals that had to die to cover you ipaq! Ostritches! Cows! Crocodiles!
    Oh, the humanity!

A Metal-skin sounds much more humane :)

7. abagley

abagley noob

im holding out for a metal case as well

8. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Mobile Enthusiast

Cases-very personal.
    With the 4700 I used one of the translucent/tacky covers and when moving from one spot to another I kept the ipaq in a Pelican 1020....so the Enterprise is now in the Pelican sans the translucent cover (can't recall its real name).....so obviously I'm looking for the tacky cover! The one on the 4700 didn't fit well enough, but the screen protecter was good enough for me.

9. stallen

stallen Mobile Deity

I prefer the touch and feel of dead animal skin. I also eat dead animals so might as well do something with the skin too.:newpalm:

10. Techieguy

Techieguy Mobile Deity

I also find that a good leather case is decent protection and also has a nice feel to it. Even compared to most of the metal cases i had the chance to try. I also find that the leather has the added benefit of absorbing a bit of the shock.

I personally i would fear more of dropping my pda when its within a full metal case than within a leather one. I do like the metal cases, i just feel that it is better protected within a leather one.

I never tried proporta's aluminum reinforced leather cases yet. Even if i would prefer size up my options, i am getting tired of carrying the device within a pouch. I am inching towards the prospect of pre-ordering a Piel Frama case from cases.com @ 64$-15%+20$ shipping to canada (15% discount easily available within the pda/mobile community) or directly from them @ 64 euro. Even with the expensive shipping ordering from cases.com would be cheaper than ordering directly from Piel Frama.

I really want to get a new case for this unit soon. I am aware of the 2 week delay before shipment for orders made directly to Piel Frama, so i cant really expect a speedy release date for the cases.com pre-orders.

Anyone else out there ordered this case ?