Sprint Treo 755p 1.08 Update Released

Discussion in 'Palm' started by jigwashere, Apr 30, 2009.

1. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

2. jigwashere

Well, under what conditions? Can't you be specific??

I ran the updater. It took about 30 min. It requires user intervention 3 times:
    At the beginning.
    At about 6 min.
    At about 30 min.

Then I restored from NVBackup. Easy. Relatively painless. Any benefit? We'll see. :)

3. r0k

r0k Dazed

The Verizon updater for the same issues is probably due out in the year 2015. No. Wait. Verizon bailed on the 755p and only offer the Centro, so the same updates for Verizon are probably never coming.

The last update I ran was BB OS 4.5.138 about a week ago. I didn't like having to "borrow" a windows box to do the update, but it was definitely worth it. Verizon had it at least a year after Att and Sprint (for the BB 8800 series) but what I got for this update was awesome: GPS now works in BB maps, Docs2Go showed up on my phone, HTML email without 3rd party software, a much better web browser, much faster sync, and self healing memory leaks: I've been to 0 file free and back up to 2 meg file free without needing to do a reset. The update ran and most of my apps came back afterwards with very little user intervention.

Palm has said they intend to bring meaningful improvements to the Pre via updates. Having just experienced a very meaningful update from RIM, I hope Palm keeps their word. My recent update was so significant, it was like getting a newer generation device without any money changing hands. Imagine that? I would hate to go back to the days of scratching my head to figure out what has changed after an update.

4. jigwashere

I hear that. Palm failed to provide any updates for the Palm TX (other than DST), and the updates I've gotten for my 755p are almost a complete mystery. Why can't they be more specific about the need for these updates and what they'll improve?

Anyway, this last update went well. I had been experiencing resets and battery drain when streaming radio using pTunes and using BT stereo headset with Softick Audio Gateway. It's too soon to tell, but it seems like these problems are gone.