Sprint rolls out Android Pie to S8, S8+ and Note 8 on March 26th

Discussion in 'Android OS' started by headcronie, Mar 27, 2019.

1. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

scjjtt, RickAgresta and jigwashere like this.
  2. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

Wow. Just....wow.

scjjtt and RickAgresta like this.
  3. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

I'm counting my blessings. I upgraded on the day Pie rolled out. I've had no issues.

One thing I do like is that I can now place calls with VOLTE - Voice Over LTE. I can talk, and browse at the same time. Calls sound different, but it's not bad. If you're not in an area covered by this service, calls are placed as normal, and internet service is unavailable while making a call.

I also had my father upgrade his S8. No issues there either, and he flipped on VOLTE calling as well.

Neither of us have wifi calling turned on by default. That was a mess on Oreo, and I've just not felt the need to enable it since then. You'd receive a call, you could hear the caller, but they couldn't hear you, so they'd hang up. You'd end up having to call them back to complete the call. Rather pointless and unpredictable. That doesn't fly...

I'll keep my fingers crossed that this isn't something that suddenly just happens. I'm thinking that the Pie update meant that LTE was instantly broken for certain users, and we weren't one of them. *whew*

scjjtt, RickAgresta and jigwashere like this.