Sprint offering $15 unlimited plan to those willing to switch carriers

Discussion in 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' started by jigwashere, Jun 7, 2018.

1. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

Hook, RickAgresta and scjjtt like this.
  2. jigwashere

3. jigwashere

• I plan to switch my kids. They are on Republicwireless for $15/month with no data ($5 for 1 Gb). I'm trying to decide between $15/month with indeterminate duration or free for a year. Not sure if I can do this under my SSN. If not, I'd register them using my wife's.
    • My wife is on Sprint, but through my account. While she could start her own account under her SSN, I think she'd lose her phone number and need a new phone (since both are registered with Sprint).
    • While I want to try Project Fi, I think I could "switch" to Sprint, too. My soon-to-arrive Moto G6 isn't registered on Sprint, and I could either port my Google Voice number (or, forward it, which I was hoping to avoid). I really like the idea of saving some $$.
    My experience with Sprint service has been good. There are a few locations that are dead or weak (like near my house), but that hasn't been a big deal for me. I haven't had to deal with customer service in a while. What to do, what to do? :)

Hook, RickAgresta and headcronie like this.
  4. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

I wish I could switch to Sprint, from Sprint. :/

5. jigwashere

I just ordered 2 SIM cards from Sprint and will port my kids' phones over next week. The SIM cards are $2.99 each, $10 overnight shipping, plus $1.18 tax ($17.16 total today). The activation fee is $30/account, but that should get credited back over the next 3 invoices.

The receipt is very strange.

The expenses I already listed are under the 'paid today' column, and I see a $17.16 pending charge on my credit card. The monthly column shows $5 AutoPay discount for each line. I expected that, too. But, there's another $5 credit per line that I didn't expect: Get an additional $5/mo. off because of where you work with the Sprint Works Program. The total under the monthly column shows $20 for both lines!!! I'm not about to complain. :D Oh....I sure hope they don't try to verify my work -- that was way back when I worked at US Bank. :eek:

scjjtt and headcronie like this.
  6. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

Been 20 years since I started working for TCF Bank. Have not been there in a very long time, and not in the capacity you were. Where I was going with this, I don't know... :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

scjjtt, RickAgresta and jigwashere like this.
  7. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Grok, both the lost destinational train of thought, and the phone ISP not checking employer discounts <g>

lelisa13p, jigwashere and headcronie like this.
  8. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies Administrator Super Moderator

Looks like a really good deal. I too wish I could switch to Sprint from Sprint ...

Charles

z22 2006 User and headcronie like this.
  9. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

Jig, any indication of what happens after a year? Are you bound by a contract or can you walk away if you don't like what happens to the price after a year. Sprint claims great coverage in my area (though I have no idea), so it is tempting though I hate contracts.

scjjtt and jigwashere like this.
  10. jigwashere

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    scjjtt likes this.