Sprint integrates Google Voice

Discussion in 'Sprint PCS' started by jigwashere, Mar 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

From Google Voice Blog: Google Voice Blog: Sprint integrates Google Voice.

This is a terrific for Sprint customers. They will be able to use their Sprint number as their Google Voice number. The article goes into nice detail.

I'm a Sprint customer, but this news doesn't benefit me as far as I can tell. I have Pick 3, a benefit that lets me make unlimited calls to and from 3 different numbers. Using my Google Voice as one of those numbers means my monthly allotted minutes aren't reduced by calls using Google Voice. I just hope that this won't cause problems for me. This Sprint/Google Voice relationship could put an end to my unlimited calls. :eek:

2. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

That sounds pretty cool. It kind of sounds like it's service-based, not hardware or firmware based, so really all sprint customers would get it.

I actually use GV's text message numbers to dial out instead of an app. It's fairly painless, but I've noticed the numbers don't stay the same forever. When they expanded their selection of numbers for pairing you with your contacts, some of mine ended up changing. Also, you can't use that method for calling landlines.

I hope this expands to other carriers.

3. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

The EXTREMELY exciting part about this is that Sprint customers will be able to take advantage of Google Voice's cheap international dialing rates. For example, all calls to Canada will be free. Calls to UK landlines are only $.02/minute.

Sprint voice mail is switching over to Google Voice voice mail. This gives Sprint customers a huge feature set, including the ability to listen to messages online, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.