Sprint Gets on the BlackBerry Bandwagon

Discussion in 'Headline News' started by Ed Hardy, Nov 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy TabletPCReview Editor Staff Member

2. imported_Mark Rejhon

imported_Mark Rejhon Mobile Deity

Finally! Now that completes BlackBerry availability on all major North American carriers. Although the 7750 isn't exactly the best model; my favourite model is the 7290 which has double the amount of memory.

3. 79th&westend

79th&westend Newbie

I'm waiting to see what pricing structure Sprint will use for a data plan or "Blackberry plan". Adding a phone to my existing Sprint account costs me about $25 a month ($20 plus $5 taxes/surcharges). I was able to use a CF2031 Sprint card in my Ipaq 2210 as a phone account but I'm guessing Sprint will be different (more $) with the Blackberry.

Also, maybe Sprint will offer hosting BES.

I've never used a Blackberry but people that own them tell me the phone on the Blackberry is not very good, and they use the device for email only. If anybody has experience on the phone, I would like to read it.
    I plan to keep my very small Samsung A680 in any event, but I would like to have a secound phone number (different area code) for business purposes. I don't know if I can tell/ask Sprint to give me an area code that is different then my other shared phones?

Anyway, I've been waiting for this (Sprint Blackberry) for some time, if the above specifications (from Sprint) isn't satisfactory then I may use Nextel or Cingular (7290) blackberry.
    Soon we will have push-email !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.