Spring Loaded Stylii for m505?

Discussion in 'Palm' started by AK47, Jan 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AK47

AK47 Professional Loiterer

Just the other day I bought a working Palm Vx w/ charger and cradle from Goodwill for $25 and it came with a Pentopia Chameleon stylus instead of the normal Palm stylus. After using this thing for two days, I'm now addicted and am wondering if a similar stylus is available for the m515/m505. I know about the Chameleon One but it's tip isn't spring loaded like the stylus for my Palm Vx. Does anyone know of a spring loaded stylus that's similar to the Chameleon I have for my Vx

2. BAB2000

BAB2000 An "Olde Moderator" #2

They made one, just never found one locally to purchase and S&H for online purchase was not pratical.

I had one for my IIIxe (still do), teal tip. The series V had orange tip and I recall the m5xx series may have been red.

Good luck on search

3. AK47

AK47 Professional Loiterer

Thanks. I'm hoping I will find one for the m5xx since this stylus has me pretty addicted. However, the issue is pretty moot until I get that new screen for my m515 that I ordered from DJrome since the m505 I have has a flaky letter recognition area thus giving me an excuse to bring the Vx to work and school with me for the time being. Also, is it wrong if I'm more attracted to my Vx than I am to my m505?

4. jim37

jim37 just me, no title

The Chameleon for the m500 (and other models) does NOT have a spring loaded stylus. The only one I know of that still makes a spring loaded stylus is PDA Panache. I have their spring loaded stylus for the TX and it is a thing of beauty!

You are right... the spring makes an amazing difference.

5. Streaky

Streaky I can't remember

I'm going to have a look at PDA Panache (thanks jim37). One of the really big things I miss about my T3 (still languishing in a cupboard at home) is its spring-oaded stylus. The T5's stylus is just so/ boring.

Edit: Okay, so the T5 stylus looks stylish but it's not spring-loaded in the mid-body for storage like the T3's is. It has a spring-loaded tip for a "gentler" ride on the PDA's screen.

6. KenYoder1

KenYoder1 Mobile Enthusiast

but - $16.95 for a stylus? Wow. Not worth it for me. - Ken

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.