SoundHound for Android OS Review: 'Name That Tune,' But At What Price? Discussion

Discussion in 'Headline News' started by Adama D. Brown, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Adama D. Brown

Adama D. Brown Brighthand Reviewer

<p>It all started a few years ago with Shazam, the first "name that tune" app&nbsp;to make it to&nbsp;smartphones. Unsurprisingly, imitators of the highly popular Shazam have sprung up since, including SoundHound, currently listed as one of the top 30 paid apps on the Android Market.</p> <p>As one distinction from Shazam and all of the rest, SoundHound is also touted as "the world's only viable singing and humming recognition" app. In this review, we'll take a look at whether SoundHound is worth the price (financially and otherwise).</p>

Read the full content of this Article: SoundHound for Android OS Review: 'Name That Tune,' But At What Price?

Related Articles:

OnLive Gaming App Now Available for Android Smartphones and Tablets

Android Smartphones Rank Highest for Malware Vulnerability: Should You Be Worried?

DataViz Documents To Go Review: The King of Mobile Office Apps vs. Its Rivals

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2014
  2. Varjak

Varjak Newbie

How does the advertising work on the 'free' version? Do you hear vocal ads, or just display ads? If it's just display, then I don't even see a difference with the paid version if it also has display links and such.
  3. weegie

weegie Mobile Deity

No vocal ads, just a smallish window up the top where admob stuff displays, not very bothering at all really.

Has worked a treat the times I've used it.

Handing unnecessary permissions out when installing android applications is normal, it's why I don't keep anything I wouldn't want anybody getting their hands on, on android devices.
  4. Adama D. Brown

Adama D. Brown Brighthand Reviewer

It's the same mini-banner-ads found in other Android apps.

The difference is the affiliate links are a lot more subtle in the paid version.