Sony Clie SJ30 vs Sony Clie T615C

Discussion in 'Sony' started by anonymous, Oct 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunpro21

sunpro21 Mobile Enthusiast

A just saw the discontinued Sony Clie T615C at the Wiz for
    $229-New.
    Sony has also released the SJ30 priced at 299.

Anyone know the differences between the two?

2. Andrew

Andrew Mobile Deity

Here's the specs for the T615: <a href="http://www.bargainpda.com/price/default.asp?productID=219&brandName=Sony&productName=Clie+PEG%2DT615C+%28Silver%29&display=productDetail">Clie T615C</a>

Specs for SJ30: <a href="http://www.bargainpda.com/price/default.asp?productID=342&brandName=Sony&productName=CLIE+PEG%2DSJ30&display=productDetail">Clie SJ30</a>

You're right in seeing they are very similar, I think the price difference should probably be a big factor in your determining between these two devices since they are so similar.

3. anonymous

anonymous Mobile Deity

I picked up a T615C at Best Buy yesterday for 224.97 plus tax. The salesperson didn't know the price had dropped again and at first thought it was a mistake. I read in a another thread about the SJ30 screen being way better than the 615's. I would suggest you compare them yourself. To me, it's not like any huge difference. Neither one compares to something like a Compaq pocket pc. I think the metal case of the 615 has a better feel than the plastic of the SJ30. Also you get a $40 credit for software with Handango when you register the 615.

4. Brian

Brian Mobile Deity

It is not a huge difference, but it is a difference. I have compared them side by side and for those who are picky about such things...Anyway, the SJ30 screen is better. For most people though, it will not matter. The 615 is a great buy at that price.

B

5. anonymous

anonymous Mobile Deity

6. anonymous

anonymous Mobile Deity

To: Anonomous
    I called a Best Buy in NJ and they said the T615C is $249.99
    They did not mention $224.99 Did you buy this unit in NJ?
    Or is their a hidden $25. instant rebate somewhere that I don't know about.

7. anonymous

anonymous Mobile Deity

No, I bought my 615 in California. The price was posted as one of those yellow tag on sale specials. Didn't see anything about any instant rebate. I did get some speech about saving an additional 5% on the total price if I bought any two accessories. Also the usual hype about extended warranty. Decided to pass on both those offers

8. anonymous

anonymous Mobile Deity

I bought the SJ30 two weeks. The machine is working great. I had just come from the Handspring Prsim. Speed and screen do not compare. Also, the MS expansion is great. All in all, I'm very happy with the purchase. They just need to get more accesories out!!!!

9. anonymous

anonymous Mobile Deity

I went to my local best buy and the difference I found between the two was screen colors. The SJ30 looks much more crisp than the T615c due to the ability to display many more colors. But both look nice.