Something Wicked This Way Comes? F(X) TEC and XDA join forces.

Discussion in 'Headline News' started by Hook, Oct 9, 2020.

1. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Aye, the dizziness and wobblies are subsiding for me, too…maybe that's due to the no alcoholic beverages rule at work, though…

scjjtt, lelisa13p, Hook and 2 others like this.
  2. Mi An

Mi An Hyperfocal

3. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

From the new update on IGG:

4. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

I like your new avatar, Hook!

scjjtt, lelisa13p, Mi An and 2 others like this.
  5. Hook

Thanks.

I do miss the old forum which allowed the flag (on the TX version of this avatar) to be animated. That old avatar sits atop my TX help page.

6. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Try it in your signature, like I have w/ the pets changing on the TX screen <g>

scjjtt, lelisa13p, Mi An and 2 others like this.
  7. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

Hook, what does it mean if the keyboard is shifted or unshifted? Does the unshifted one not have a shift key for caps, etc.?

Hook, scjjtt and Mi An like this.
  8. Hook

No, it means, because the phone was larger than other keyboard phones had been, they shifted the alphabet keys one column over to get them more in the center of the keyboard. So A, for example, is under the 2 key rather than the 1 key. And they inserted a column of symbol keys normally at the other end.

Here is a post from the FxTec Forum showing the old layout (shifted) and the proposed new layout (actually old, standard layout) compared.

https://community.fxtec.com/topic/2...t-pros-and-cons/?do=findComment&comment=53836

You can also see the shifted layout in my post reviewing the Pro1.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
    scjjtt, RickAgresta and Mi An like this.
  9. EdmundDantes

Thanks Hook. Interestingly, most 'full-size' keyboards I have around typically have it so the 'A' is just about in the middle between the '1' and '2' keys. Like the first photo in your link. I can see the comparison lower down on the page between the actual keyboard and the IGG layout. Interesting. All keyboards seem to have some quirks that take getting used to. The Lenovo laptop I had (and hated), the right-hand shift key was in the wrong place. My new laptop puts the 'Delete' key in a bad spot (for me).

Mi An, I'd forgotten that scene; but I'm beginning to learn my lesson about buying multiples of things I like if I can afford them.

scjjtt, Mi An and RickAgresta like this.
  10. EdmundDantes

I was revisiting this thread and re-watched Mi An's short clip and it synched with something I read this weekend about Robert Caro (The Powerbroker): He has something like 6 Olympia typewriters in constant rotation (some being repaired, reconditioned, etc.) so he always has some around to write his monumental books. If it's good enough for him, it's not a bad plan for anyone else who particularly loves a particular thing.