Solar charger

Discussion in 'Other Device Manufacturers' started by binoj, Jan 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. binoj

binoj Mobile Consultant

2. lucia316

lucia316 PDA Jedi

According to your link...it isn't compatible with the e740, but I am sure you could get around that with 2 adapters. A car charger for e740 and the adapter shown on the site. Interesting concept, but it seems like a lot of bulk to get charging times. For the cost you could get the extended battery and probably be better off with less bulk and worry about charging.

L316:cool:

3. foxlight7

foxlight7 Guest

My Casio E-100 and my e740 both use 5V 2amp AC adapters with exactly the same plug, so I have little doubt that this thing will probably work on the e740.

I notice the E-100 isn't listed either, but the E-105 is practically the same unit and uses the same AC adapter. I don't think their list is very complete.

-J

4. ctitanic

ctitanic Mobile Deity

You can use that one without any problem even when the e740 is not listed. Like somebody said above, the e740 can use any power supply from Casio e100,105, iPaq 36xx, and these are listed there. ;)

5. lucia316

lucia316 PDA Jedi

Yeah, but I think the point of the solar cells is missed a bit.

It is for charging on the go. That would mean you would need to lug your cradle around with you to use it, right?

I think the extended battery would be a better solution. Unless of course, you are looking at a back woods solution, long term. Then it may make sense. Day-to-Day...Not for me.

L316:cool:

6. ctitanic

ctitanic Mobile Deity

Well I agree with you. 3000 mA is enough.

7. Spartan IV

Spartan IV Must. Kill. Covenant.

i saw somewhere someone made their own for under like 30 bucks, maybe even elss than 20. all you need is 2 panels, some cable, an adapter, and power regulator. You can also add another echargable battery to store extra solr power.

8. imported_David

imported_David Guest

I made several solar chargers. Here is a link to get you started. I prefer to use the solar panel to charge a battery, then charge the e740 from the battery. This is the battery I am using now.

Attached Files:

9. imported_David

imported_David Guest

10. jhovel

jhovel Old Fart Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.