So... I've got some Samsung credit to use... Samsung Active2?

Discussion in 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' started by headcronie, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

You are holding the wrong button I believe.. At least on mine, Samsung Pay is the top button. Home is the bottom button which is also the power button. If you hold home without doing the screen swipe, it will offer to power off your watch.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-watch-active2-screenshot/

2. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

Well... :eek:

This thing may be the death of me yet.

Ty again, Hook!

Sent from my Samsung Note 20 Ultra using Tapatalk

3. headcronie

Yay I did it! I'm a big kid now! :D[​IMG]

Sent from my Samsung Note 20 Ultra using Tapatalk

RickAgresta, scjjtt, Hook and 2 others like this.
  4. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Big kids get their watchfaces from the Galaxy Store, not from the built-in collection :D;)

5. headcronie

Well... :p

6. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

What's with the guy in the fishing boat going over a waterfall at the bottom of the watch face? ;)

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

7. raspabalsa

What?? That's not Santa in his sleigh taking a dive afer his reindeers DIUed during Christmas??

8. headcronie

So, I went looking into Hook's watchface, and I like the look of the blue version of that. Interesting how there are 45 styles built into one watchface. But what I feared was that you could accidentally change the face... which revealed itself to be a complaint in a review I read. "Too easy to change the face, which then results in 44x double taps to get back to the face you want." I'd think the novelty of that face would soon wear off if I had to keep changing it back after an erroneous change.

While it certainly does look nifty, I think I'd rather pay $3 for a single face that I can't mess up. 45 of them in one, for this guy who can't even figure out what the side buttons do, is likely not in my best interest... yet. :eek:

9. raspabalsa

HC, that is a common "issue" in most watchfaces. Setting up colors or designs of the elements is done via tapping or double tapping on certain areas of the screen. It does take time to get used to this and during my first weeks I felt very annoyed because I accidentally changed the looks of the watchface. However, I don't think I've seen a watchface with a lock to prevent the looks to be changed. That would be a nice feature to have.

10. headcronie

Thanks for the additional background, Raspy. In my case that seems like too much of a good thing, is a bad thing. I'm very routine driven. If my routine gets thrown off, I'm usually okay to readjust, but if that routine keeps getting thrown off, that becomes an annoyance. That was actually a comment in the review noting it was too easy to change faces. It would be great to lock them down after configuration is done. If they figure that out.... Take my money! :D