So... I've got some Samsung credit to use... Samsung Active2?

Discussion in 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' started by headcronie, Nov 22, 2020.

1. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

I'm quite likely too nitpicky. I'm getting crotchety. :p

Yep, that's the one. Interestingly, in contrasting that to... what the heck am I using... how do I even find an image of it to post here... :eek:

I'm using the built in TomCat face, which also provides weather at a glance. The one Hook has looks to have heart rate instead. Now I'm torn...

I'd best sleep on it... :)

2. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

Take a screenshot by holding the home button and swiping left to right on the screen. I find it easier if I take the watch off and hold it. It will then appear in the watch Gallery app. You can use the gallery app to transfer it to your phone's gallery by making it full size in the gallery and tapping the 3 dots on the right and select "Send to Phone."

3. headcronie

Thanks!

Sent from my Samsung Note 20 Ultra using Tapatalk

4. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

Question - can you receive and make phone calls off of your Galaxy watch without the data plan and just connected to your phone via bluetooth? Of course I can, but I have the data plan and will through May.

Another question - can you get images of texts on your Galaxy watch. They come through when I am not connected via bluetooth and only connected to data through the T-Mobile data. I know many of you, if not all of you, don't have the data plan, so is there something I need to do to see those pics on my watch.

Of course seeing pictures on my watch is small but it is nice to see the picture quickly on my watch as I read the text. On my Asus Zenwatch 2 which is using Google's WearOS - the pictures come through fine.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab A (10.1") /128GB using Tapatalk

5. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Yes, it's possible to receive and make calls from the watch if connected via BT to the phone, without a data plan on the watch. My watch is the no SIM model.

I don't do SMS, but WhatsApp pics are not displayed on my watch. I haven't looked into this, mostly because the screen is so small that I usually just get the phone to see the pics.

6. headcronie

I seemingly cannot get this to work. Keeps launching Samsung Pay. Haha! You youngins and all your advanced abilities! *yells at the sky while waiving walking stick wildly about*

Hook, jigwashere and scjjtt like this.
  7. headcronie

What's a phone call? Haven't made one since I have connected my watch yet.

OTOH, doing a "drop in" via the Amazon Alexa app on my phone, it automatically pipes the audio out my watch while the video is on my phone. I would really like to figure out how to disable that.

Hook, jigwashere and scjjtt like this.
  8. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

I have no idea what a "drop in" via Amazon Alexa is???

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

Hook, jigwashere and headcronie like this.
  9. headcronie

How Does Drop In Work?

Drop In is an optional feature that lets you connect instantly to supported Alexa-enabled devices, like an intercom.
    Use Drop In to open an instant conversation between your devices or with your Alexa contacts. When you receive a Drop In, the light indicator on your Echo pulses green and you connect to your contact automatically.
    Use Drop In to:

Have a two-way conversation by connecting to one of your Alexa-enabled devices ("drop in on Kitchen").

Connect to a specific device group ("drop in on living room").
    Note: Only one Alexa-enabled device from the device group connects.

Have a group conversation with all supported Alexa-enabled devices under your Amazon household, which are not set to do not disturb. To start a group conversation ask Alexa to Drop In everywhere.
    Note: All supported Alexa-enabled devices under your Amazon household account will connect regardless of their physical location

Drop In on a contact who granted you Drop In permissions.

Receive Drop In from a contact whom you granted Drop In permissions.

Group Drop In Tip: Reduce audio feedback by having Drop In enabled on only one Alexa enabled device per room.

Related Help Topics

Turn Drop In On or Off for Your Device

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GS3WRTSRKD2U6MCK

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
  10. headcronie

My parents and sister's family have drop in enabled amongst us. We can drop in on them via our Echo Show at any time. Thus it is important to have these devices located where you should be ready for the day. ;)

scjjtt, Hook and jigwashere like this.