So how many of you actually...

Discussion in 'General Windows Phone (Plus Windows Mobile, Pocket' started by imported_KungFuWoo, Jan 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imported_KungFuWoo

imported_KungFuWoo Technology Freak

carry your PPC in your pocket? I have a 3835 with the cover pack and I carry it in my pocket all of the time, even tho I am a college student and I have a backpack. I guess I just like knowing that it is always with me. what do you guys do?

2. WhiteRabbit5

WhiteRabbit5 ???

In my pocket First thing in the morning. Stays there till my head hits the pillow. :)

3. fivespeed5

fivespeed5 anyone wanna buy a 1910?

both of them whiterabbit?

4. gtragitt

gtragitt Mobile Deity

Almost never in my pocket. I have 2 Krusell cases; so, I can carry it with or without my sleeves. I have both the cf and PCMCIA sleeves. I also put it in my vent clip in my car and use it with a GPS. I do take the iPAQ with me most everywhere.

5. snOOp

snOOp Mobile Deity

The "Pocket", is the only way to carry it!

6. masitti

masitti Mobile Deity

All the time, throughout school, when I go out, so, yea, all the time. I also have the SS5 on it all the time.

7. imported_merlion

imported_merlion The Member

It's <b>always</b> in my pocket whenever I leave my house, even if it's just to, say, bring out the garbage or bring in the mail, etc. :)rolleyes: I'm wondering whether I can ever leave the house w/o my PPC. ;))

I'm too self conscious to wear a PPC on my belt outside.:) And I also keep it in my pocket even if I'm carrying a bag/pack/waist pouch/etc. So, I prefer <b>all</b> case makers to have a clipless option for their cases. A protruding clip/stud is uncomfortable when facing you, & it creates an unslightly bulge when facing outwards.

Hi WhiteRabbit5, I think it's a good idea to sync every once in a while .. ;)

8. snOOp

snOOp Mobile Deity

Who needs a case? carry that baby NAKED! The feel of the "fake" metal pounding agaist your "ck" ist GEIL!

9. imported_merlion

I tried carrying it naked outside but was arrested .. now I only use it naked, in the privacy of my home.;)

10. handheldplanet

handheldplanet www.handheldplanet.net

I almost always carry mine in my jacket pocket. During the summer - when I don't always wear a jacket I wear it on my belt in a HandheldPlanet case (of course!). Every once in a while, if I'm wearing the right pants I'll put it in my pocket.

11. brennan

brennan Guest

Its in my pocket and then to the right on my desktop at work. I couldnt go anaywhere without it. The few times I have left my office without it I have quickly regretted it.

12. danielsjang

danielsjang Mobile Evangelist

cool poll

13. WhiteRabbit5

WhiteRabbit5 ???

Well, I've actually Stopped Carrying around my sony Clie everyday. The two of them was just too much. So I'm gonna sell it to a friend of mine for $400 (Some extras) And get a T-615 for the same price. I don't need the Audio, I get that from my iPaq. :)

Well When I'm at my Computer or logged onto the Wireless network It does get synced. And I guess It goes into my pocket after I sync in the morning.:)

14. kdecko

kdecko Mobile Deity

Always with me, but never in my pocket - unless I'm headed to the john and haven't checked out the latest avantgo updates and want to be conspicuous.

15. bschroader

bschroader Mobile Deity

Almost never. PocketPC, with any expansion on it, becomes an oxymoron. It simply doesn't fit into my pocket!

16. RobertCF

RobertCF Mobile Consultant

I rarely wear a shirt that HAS a pocket. Besides, my stylish leather Vaja case is more secure and convenient. But I do carry it everywhere I go.

17. kinged

kinged Mobile Deity

I can't live without my ipaq.

1. Wake up at 5AM or (whenever) to play pocketNES, pocketengine (with gamepad), and surf the web.

2. Toilet: surf the web, browse brighthand etc..

3. AM: Check stocks (on ipaq, of course).

4. Driving to work?in the car: MP3 music (iplay) /GPS (Destinator)

5. At work: Ipaq shines here: Database, Information, PIM

6. Meeting: Absolutely must have for long and boring sessions.

7. Meals: all sorts of stuffs

8. Entertainment: Photo album, pocketTV, Dictionary, encyclopedia on my 5 GB drive, etc.

9. Night: flashlight.

10. It's with me 24 hours a day.

18. Johnny Blaze

Johnny Blaze Guest

:D lol , you too?

The Ipaq is always with me.

19. imported_merlion

There's this little applet called PocketLite that facilitates your iPaq as a flashlight.
    You can d/l it here: http://www.phm.lu/Products/Other.asp

And if you're feeling adventurous & want to install the Task Manager beta software fr this site, DON'T!!!
    It killed my iPaq that even a quick hard reset couldn't revive. I have to switch off the hard reset switch & wait for about 1 hr bef I can switch back & power up the device. Then soon afterwards, it happened again. So, I have to do the same again. Remember, the hard reset switched off for just a couple of mins won't work! When I finally could start up my iPaq, I have to re-flash the ROM & apply the update (2002 SP1) again. Since then, everthing's fine & I dared not touch that beta s/w again.

20. imported_KungFuWoo

imported_KungFuWoo Technology Freak

Wow, cool, nice to see my first poll as such a success! I was initially worried about it being in my pocket cuz so much stuff could happen, but then again, lots of stuff could happen in the backpack! I used to have an EM-500, but the slip case that it came with didn't feel tough enuff and so I bought an iSuit for it, very protective, but WAY to big for the good ole pocket. Now that I have teh 3835 with the cover pack, it just feels natural for it to stay in my pocket.