Slide 2 unlock (like iPhone) for PALM (not pocket pc) Treos?

Discussion in 'Themes and Skins (Palm OS)' started by cameronfield, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. r0k

r0k Dazed

My bluetooth car kit outsmarts my Treo and leaves it on. If I had an app that could trap ALL wakeups and require slide to unlock, I would like it. You mention being willing to pay $5 to $10 for somebody to port a windows program to palmos. Most coders, unless they were really just doing it for fun, would be looking for a few hundred times the amounts you mention.

2. vanduhl

vanduhl Newbie

Has this been created yet? Or has anyone devolped it, I'm willing to pay for it

3. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Welcome to Brighthand, vanduhl. :)

My best guess would be No. Google shows nothing but WM.

4. vanduhl

vanduhl Newbie

Yeah i searched google as well. I was unable to find anything. It seems this would not be to hard to develop, I made something using flashlite unfortunately there is no way to integrate it with the Palm OS. If there are any developers willing to work with me on this id be glad to help including making the graphic files and what not!

Also thanks for the welcome lelisa!

5. icefire

icefire Mobile Enthusiast

ashirg did it! KeyGeX has slide2unlcok!

6. Jupiter

Jupiter Mobile Evangelist

There is an application for slide to unlock called Nexave. It shows a semi-transparent window, and to unlock you slide it down. This isn't quite what you want, but I think it's worth a look.

As for a contact scroller, there is an app called 2Cool4U, which should be close to what you want.

7. plantboy1

plantboy1 Blogger and tech addict

Yeah! Finally something remotely iphone-ish that i can brag to my friend about!

8. ballermomdc32

ballermomdc32 Mobile Deity

I am having trouble using 2Cool4U. I like the concept but before I register program I want to make sure it will work properly on my phone. The program keeps turning the screen black. I have changed the colors several times. Also, when I press the phone button to go back to my screen saver the screen does not change from the 2Cool4U screen. I've deleted the program from my phone. I will try again after I've heard from the group.

9. ballermomdc32

ballermomdc32 Mobile Deity

I went ahead and reinstalled the program, minus the blue skin. It appears to be working fine. I went ahead and paid the $7 fee so I can get the registration key. I am launching it through one of the launching pads under the contacts and call log slots. Hopefully, this works for me. I am closer to the iphone and still have all of the other functions of the Treo. So far so good.

10. Primathon

Primathon Newbie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.