Slide 2 unlock (like iPhone) for PALM (not pocket pc) Treos?

Discussion in 'Themes and Skins (Palm OS)' started by cameronfield, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cameronfield

cameronfield Mobile Enthusiast

The slide 2 unlock thing is really cool. If you haven't heard of it, head to xda developrs (google it) and check it out.

Anyways, it's pretty much a cool screensaver for your phone that's a lot like the iPhones. Currently (that I know of), it's only for the pocket pc version of the Treo. Does anyone know if there is a Palm version, or an app similar to this?

And also, could any of you possibly port this to the palm somehow?

Thanks a lot guys!!!

2. holvoetn

holvoetn Still a moderator ...

Hello cameronfield, welcome to BrightHand :D:D:D

Not sure I entirely understand how you want this to work.
    When the device is off, screen touches are not being registered so ...
    which means the device needs to be ON, which is a huge battery drain (equally so for WM Treos).

I have not heard of a PalmOS version but it would be interesting to learn if it does exist ;)

3. cameronfield

It would work exactly the same as when you unlock the phone normally. When you hit any of the main buttons (green button, red button, etc.) it would pop up the slide 2 unlock screen instead of the "press middle blah blah to unlock".

ALSO, does anyone know of an app that makes it so that I can flick through my contacts like on the iphone? Having the ability to flick + do first letter name searches would be awesome!!

4. cameronfield

Also, screensaver wasn't the right word to use. Sorry if that confused you!!

5. holvoetn

holvoetn Still a moderator ...

Ah, now I understand.
    Butler has this option but as indicated in this thread at MyTreo.net it is not yet working as it should.

Are you refering to typing first letter of last name followed by first letter of first name and get a list with possible options ? I use that feature all the time with PhoneMagic/IQContacts.

6. cameronfield

I'll check out butler. And about the contacts, have you seen how you can 'flick' through contacts and stuff? It's really cool, and beats the crap out of scrolling. I dont care that much about typing the first letter of the name, I just want to be able to slide my finger across the screen and have my contacts flick across.

7. cameronfield

Here is the forum where the Pocket PC slide 2 unlock can be found.

Here are some pics of how cool their version looks. I'm willing to pay someone like $5 or $10 to port and make this work on the Palm OS. It's awesome!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any ideas??

8. Streaky

Streaky I can't remember

Welcome to Brighthand, cameronfield.

9. plantboy1

plantboy1 Blogger and tech addict

I have to agree with cameronfield. That would be worth 5 or 10 bucks. If it looked like it does on the pocket pc, well...

10. sjweise

sjweise Mobile Deity

Not only looking cool, but if it actually worked! You still want the screen to turn off though, to save battery. So then you'd have to tap it to "wake it" then slide the on screen paddle. I'd be happier with it being put into the hardware on the Treo! Thats what I miss from my SE w600, it had a lock/unlook slider in it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.