SkinUI now freeware

Discussion in 'Themes and Skins (Palm OS)' started by doogie, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrentDC

BrentDC Perspective is everything

Just FYI, the newest version of Palm Revolt automatically compresses its skins, and SkinUI can't import those. So watch out and don't be surprised if some don't import (or even appear in the list). For example, my OpenMoko Palm Revolt skin uses this new compression, so can't be imported ( :( ).

2. palmgeek5394

palmgeek5394 Nokia N800 + HTC Wizard

If the checkbox is checked, it changes the color of it. If the checkbox is not checked, it will not change the color of it. :)

3. palmgeek5394

palmgeek5394 Nokia N800 + HTC Wizard

One thing: PFCD. If you can decompile PR skins... Oh, well. Dmitry could probably add support for the new compression. But he's really busy. :( Oh well. :rolleyes:

4. BrentDC

BrentDC Perspective is everything

Palm Revolt doesn't use like Packbit or RLE compression, but "its own thing", so I doubt PFCD will decompile it...(though I haven't tried).

I have my own personal not-compressed-with-Palm-Revolt version of my OpenMoko PR skin, and it imports into SkinUI, just crashes when previewed. I think I would need to create another version specifically for SkinUI, and since I don't see myself using Palm OS devices for more than a month or two, that is highly unlikely.

(BTW, Dmitry said that he would need to decompile/reverse engineer PR to support its compression, and it is illegal to do that for profit. That was obviously when SkinUI was $$$).

5. cyberdude2

cyberdude2 It's SuperDad!

Including the skinui skins and the imported PalmRevolt skins I have 86 skins on my TX:eek:

6. FerdFerd

FerdFerd Recovering Palm Fiddler

Can a person mix and match graphic elements between skins? Suppose I like the arrows for the drop down lists in one skin, but most of the rest of the elements from another skin?

7. Scott_L

Scott_L Palm til it's gone!

I started a thread here trying to invoke sharing of SkinUI tips, links, screenshots and such. Please take a few moments and add to it!

Sorry for cross site, it's because Dmitry has a presence there.

Edit: Now that I've read this thread, it seems what I thought I had started had already begun at BH! Of course... I should read here first.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  8. cyberdude2

cyberdude2 It's SuperDad!

Not AFAIK. I believe you would have to rewrite the skin. You can use the advanced colorize option to fiddle with the skin.

@scott

Did you realize you forgot the links?

9. Scott_L

Scott_L Palm til it's gone!

Not til now :eek: - corrected in OP.

10. Strife89

Strife89 Always Struggling

I didn't post, but the linked 1src thread is helpful all the same.

So is Skin UI! I don't usually use "cosmetic enhancers", but I'm hooked on this one. Many thanks to the author! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.