SkinUI now freeware

Discussion in 'Themes and Skins (Palm OS)' started by doogie, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ohappydaye

Ohappydaye Wonder Palmstress

I'm trying to make some changes and don't know what the heck I'm doing, but the way the drop down menu appears like "magic" is cool as heck! :eek::newpalm:

2. cyberdude2

cyberdude2 It's SuperDad!

And that's just one of the 20 or so transitions!!:eek: What are you having trouble with?

3. Ohappydaye

I'm trying to figure out how to skin per app versus having the cobalt skin effective in everything. Maybe if I play around with it more it will seem more intuitive to me. I thought I was only skinning TryDA, but the skin was effective for the launcher and everything, but not that particular app. User error, :( so I'll keep at it.

4. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

A DA is not an application. It runs under the control of the application you launched the DA from.

So, if you were in Datebk6, and launched a DA, the DA would be under the control of Datebk6, and would inherit all skinning settings for that app.

5. cyberdude2

cyberdude2 It's SuperDad!

Also it is the opposite of UnCache and Apt. SkinUI skins everything unless you tell it not to. To not skin something you need to tap the apps button on the main screen and add the app you don't wish to skin to this list then configure what exactly you want to do (you can do anything from not skinning just titlebars to not skinning anything for that app).

6. Ohappydaye

No, it's not a desk accessory, it's a Directory Asst. But thanks for the additional information as it relates to DAs.

Ahhh, I was only including TryDA in the list and expecting that to be the only thing impacted. Gotcha! Thanks!

7. palmgeek5394

palmgeek5394 Nokia N800 + HTC Wizard

Cool! :cool: And I bought this early last year... :rolleyes: (BTW, if you need a SkUI skin made, I'll do it for free. I don't have much of a life... :rolleyes: )

8. Ohappydaye

NOW, you see how I felt when they made eReader Pro free! lol As for the skins...I'm going to take you up on that offer! ...right after I figure out what the heck I'm doing with this app! :p

Reps to you for being SUCH a sweetie pie! <hugs & smooches>

9. palmgeek5394

palmgeek5394 Nokia N800 + HTC Wizard

OBTW, when you first enter SkinUI, Tap 'Skins', then select a skin. Tap on 'Skin...' and select colorize. [NOTE: It will say something like 'this puts strain on... crash. Continue?' Just tap ok. That is mainly for older devices, like some Zires and the T|E's.] You can then 'colorize,' or change the basic color scheme of, any skin you like. For example, you do this, select Cobalt, then pick a slightly lighter shade of [we'll use pink for the moment], for example, pink, than you'd like it. This accounts for the funny-ish color mixing. [The sliders are [from top to bottom] Red, Green, Blue. Left is less of that color, and right is more of that color.] Tap ok and name it. Tap simple to do it quickly, but Advanced gives you more options. If you go advanced, untick 'Alert & Command bar icons,' Alert Animations,' 'Menus & Titlebars,' and 'Splash screens,' as these are darker and will turn really funny colors... You can tick/untick anything you'd like, and change it to any color you'd like. It's always good to experiment with this to get the right look. ;) :D
    EDIT: OBTW, If anyone needs any more skins, I've got loads. There are plenty at 1src's freeware section. [NOTE: 1src's (and all Palm Revolt skins) have to be imported from the skins menu. (Main menu>Skins>Import).]

10. Ohappydaye

SWEET! I just followed those directions to a "T" and I likey! Thank you so much for those steps! :newpalm: Now, I don't know what exactly it means when I tick/untick some of those things in "advanced," but I'll keep fiddling around to see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.