Site Problems?

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions, Help and Announcements' started by LandSurveyor, Sep 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Varjak

Varjak Mobile Deity

I got the 404 Error and the Gateway error I've seen in the past. It happened to me mid-post too. The worst thing is that it doesn't let you log out, so you 'lose' the ability to see new posts since you've logged in. Fortunately, this time I remembered to check back and log out an hour or so later.

2. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy TabletPCReview Editor Staff Member

Sorry I'm just now responding to this. There's a bunch of stuff going on behind the scenes here, and it's occasionally causing problems that affect you users.

The major one of these is the switch of DesktopReview to the new site design (the one Brighthand switched to a while back). This project has run into a few snags, and has brought down the servers a couple of times in the last month or so. Our development team is hard at work on these.

In hopes of partially alleviating some of these issues, we're in the process of switching to some new servers. This has occasionally caused some problems with the forums, as you have noticed.

In addition, the RSS feeds for the sites have been updating on an erratic schedule for the past week or so. Our techs are working on this, but they have a lot on their collective plate right now.

Please bear with us while all this gets settled out.

p.s. Andrew has left the company. He was one of the three founders of the TechnologyGuide family of sites, and made out quite well when this company was acquired by TechTarget a few years ago. This has allowed him to go into semi-retirement while he raises a family.
    -

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2015
  3. hal

hal itchy and cold feet hal

Thanks for the care taken, Ed.

This could be good or bad news, depending on what side of the counter is oneself :rolleyes: Bad for us, I reckon, but good for him :D I bet you keep in touch with him. You seem to be speaking about someone that's more than a colleague to you. Just as ADB or AW often do, please encourage him to drop by from time to time.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2015
  4. Mi An

Mi An Untethered

Good for Andrew. I haven't even started my career yet, and already I long for semi-retirement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.