Site Issues Since Saturday

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions, Help and Announcements' started by Ed Hardy, Nov 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy TabletPCReview Editor Staff Member

If you keep an eye on the home page, you know Brighthand switched to a new server on Saturday. This has improved performance, providing faster response times and more capacity.

But of course there are a few bugs to iron out, too. One of them involves pictures attached to the headline news articles I write, so the Image Gallery is on temporary hiatus.

In addition, some readers are reporting that forum pages aren't loading correctly -- they stop before reaching the bottom. The IT team is having trouble diagnosing this issue because it only affects some people, and none of us are having it.

Any additional information on this issue anyone can share would be much appreciated. Are you having the problem? Are you not? Does it always happen? Sometimes?
    -

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2015
  2. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

yes, in northeastern PA. as I relayed via PM, repeatedly reloading (I use FF) will usually help with the whole page, but the dropdowns (Find Posts, Quick Links) are hit&miss, even when the page loads after a reload. I have found that when the page is not fully loaded, if I go to the User Control Panel, that the dropdowns work, but other things, such as 'Display all Subscribed threads' don't work fully. I am subscribed to LOTS of threads, but only a handful (6) are displayed. also, not all posts in a threads page are displayed (depends on how many posts there are/should_be on that page).

thanks for working on this, guys!

3. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

Unfortunately, those of us having the problems can't get it to post about it. I'm still having troules, but managed to get into this thread which is short enough to be able to post in (I hope).

It could be not BH's problem. It could be region is having troble because of a bad router which just happens to be on our path to Brighthand. I've seen that sort of thing before.

Whatever it is, I'm still having the problem in Northern VA with IE7 (no choice in browsers at work).

4. RickAgresta

well, don't know if it's due to being in the hotel, as opposed to work, but all looks good now. thanks again, Ed, et. al. :newpalm:

5. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Opera 10.10 was occasionally showing code instead of links at the bottom of the page where the links for Previous & Next posts are displayed. Using Plain style on WinXP Pro SP3, occurred Saturday nite.

6. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

Seems to be fine at home for me too now. Weird. If it had just been me, I would have blamed our network, a very likely suspect, but since Rick, two states away, was having the same thing, I dunno.

7. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

These are examples of what happened tonite, similar to what I mentioned above. In each case, refreshing the page caused it to load properly afterward. Pretty ugly before.

Also, I had to attach the thumbnails twice (attach, remove, attach again) in order for them to display when clicked on. May be my browser but I've never had a problem like this and have used Opera since 2004.

Attached Files:

8. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

Opera Mini 10 (with Flash add-on) on my HTC Touch Pro 2 does not render the site (Plain Style). The only part of the page that displays is the very top box on the page.

9. RickAgresta

it's baaaaack!

same symptoms as yesterday, listed above. got here via User CP, 'view all subscribed threads', multiple re-loads to see Lauren's last post, with pictures.

I see I didn't post in the thread, so here at work, FF3.6, and IE6 ( :eek: ) are both misbehaving the same way.

now, the hotel is just 4 miles away, but of course, a different ISP is used...this morning, though, BH was fine, at the hotel.

10. Varjak

Varjak Mobile Deity

I just seem to find it slower, balkier, and more annoying. If anything, it seems like the site dynamics have regressed, not progressed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.