Sir may I see your avatar?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by minimalposter, Feb 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minimalposter

minimalposter some call me ... mp

OK this is my first off topic thread and it is inspired by danielmolinski, Nine and sheer boredom at work. Honestly I feel like I should be starting a thread on why world leaders never seem to think about the world and are usually not much of a leader or about why orange and white is a terrible color for automobiles, but I digress.

Lets vote for your favorite avatar <m.p. jumps back as a loud cheer erupts from the group>.

List the user name and why you like the avatar AND invite them to the thread so everyone can see it. The winner gets --- well really nothing but you knew that right? You can vote for yourself, but that would just confirm all suspicion about your egocentric ways (although if you have an avatar of yourself looking in the mirror we probably already knew that ;) ).

2. Nine

Nine Ooh NO, missus...

Oh Lordy. Don't drag me into this - it'll never stand up in court. :rolleyes:

Edited afterthought: Sir? What happened to Madam? Or Miss? Or Ms. Or - even - just M. Aren't we supposed to be all equal here at Brighthand?

3. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

I cast my vote for:

<drum roll, please - and fanfare, too :D >

Nine !

His avatars are many, varied in presentation, regularly changing, and ever so creative. They make me smile. :)

Regards,
    Lauren

RickAgresta likes this.
  4. NetBrakr

NetBrakr Gone With The Wind

Yup, I am also on Nine's avatar. Awesome and unique avatar.

JC

5. RickI

RickI Mobile Deity

I like mine. I must be egocentric?

6. sjweise

sjweise Mobile Deity

I have to vote for Nine also. Not only are his avatars creative- his posts are too!

7. holvoetn

holvoetn Still a moderator ...

Dito here.
    And he is such an expert when we need to know something about tutu's :D
    <oh no, here we go again ...>

RickAgresta likes this.
  8. Delpita

Delpita Woooooo-Hoooooo!

Yes, here we go again. Just a slight correction, Holvy, they're not tutu's but pink frillies
    [​IMG]

RickAgresta likes this.
  9. MrZebra

MrZebra Mobile Evangelist

Since my username on all forums I visit is Mr. Zebra, the most logical choice for an avatar for me would be... Yep, that's right, A Zebra!

The Zebra in question was photographed at a Zoo by my dad a few years ago when we went...

10. Nine

Nine Ooh NO, missus...

Firstly, although I am grateful to other Brighthand members for the compliments, I would NOT consider my avatar(s) eligible for selection in this thread:

- I'm a designer by trade so these things come naturally to me. I would be much more impressed by a non-designer's thoughtful selection of an avatar for themselves rather than me just doing what I do anyway - Brighthand or otherwise.

- My avatars are constantly changing with about twenty on the go at the moment and it could be interpreted as a bit of an oh-lord-its-the-show-off-again thing as opposed to any standard 'representation of my character' through a single constant avatar.

So with those things in mind, I gracefully bow out and concede my vote to... junglemike - just because the panda makes me smile everytime I see it and nothing to do with the disturbing pictures of self-improved palms he keeps posting with their innards hanging out of their casings... ;)

RickAgresta likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.