SIM card problem on LG optimus

Discussion in 'Other Device Manufacturers' started by Portris, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Portris

Portris Newbie

My LG Optimus has been working great and fully functional. However, the problem is with the SIM card icon that appears on the lock screen. Now I was thinking that if I have a problem with my SIM card, the phone wouldn't function but I'm able to make calls, text and use data with no problems. Straight talk has no idea what's going on. One LG support I saw said to remove the battery for a minute but that doesn't work with a hard reset. Does anyone have any suggestions. Should I root the phone?

2. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

welcome to Brighthand Portis

do you have any idea what the icon on the lock screen means? if the carrier can't help directly, can they at least tell you if your usage has changed since you've seen the icon? also, have you tried powering down the phone, removing the battery, removing the SIM card, waiting a few seconds, re-inserting the SIM card, returning the battery and then powering up, to see if it was just that the SIM card needed to be re-seated? I see no value in rooting, based on what you're saying here. oh, and just removing the battery will not perform a hard reset.