Should I replace my Nokia Lumia 900?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone' started by Ron Swanson, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson Newbie

I've had a Nokia Lumia 900 for about two years and it's been working great. But the power cord is finally giving out and I can't get MMS on it. I know it's pretty cheap to replace the cord but I'm wondering if it's time to replace the phone too. I have an iPhone 5 for work but should I stick with a Windows phone? I appreciate the advice.

2. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Welcome to Brighthand, Ron

my 2¢? replace the cord, if there is nothing else about your 900 that is a problem for you -- not sure about the MMS issue - could be a setting, or something else more involved. keep in mind, though, that this advice is coming from someone who just the other day said he'd have no problem going back to a flip-phone and his Palm TX (mostly) :vbgrin:

good luck!

pre-post EDIT: are you sure it's the cord, and not the AC adapter?

scjjtt likes this.
  3. Jerry_NJ

Jerry_NJ Mobile Deity

Boy do I have a lot to learn, I just ordered the Nokia Lumia 635, it must be a lot older than a 900, or has Nokia just assigned model numbers willy-nilly.

That aside, being new to smart phones (to smart in general) is a Windows smart phone a good move (android and mac alternatives, right?), how about the Nokia Lumia?

4. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Jerry, the numbers aren't sequential, they're more like different classes of device. Throw in that Nokia Lumia phones aren't made by Nokia as a separate entity anymore (MS bought their phone division), and the numbers shouldn't concern you, as to age.