Shiny Objects Are my Downfall

Discussion in 'iOS / iPhone' started by questionfear, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cassidy0423

cassidy0423 Bad Robot

I too love shiny things - but prefer gold and pink kinds.

THANK GOODNESS :D :D :D

cassi

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. Silly Rabbit

Silly Rabbit In training!

Oh, dear... I just may have to drop by the Apple store today... :eek:

Do you use your Touch anymore? If so, when do you tend to use the Touch vs the iPad?

3. Silly Rabbit

That's what I keep telling myself. Plus, the iPhone will work more places than the WIFI iPad. And if I need a bigger screen or to access certain sites the iPhone OS won't handle, I've got the netbook. And if I was toting the iPad, I would probably put it in a netbook carrier...so I'd end up carrying a bigger thing anyway...may as well be the netbook. For me, it seems like I'd mostly use the iPad exactly as you said...bigger screen iPhone.

But then again...I'm over 50 & the vision is not so good... :D

4. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

See, and that's one of the things holding me back a bit. I have a netbook, I have a Droid that I adore, I even have a camangi webstation (android tablet) and a Kindle...there's no discernable reason for an iPad. Of course, I could always sell some of that stuff if the iPad was better at various things...

But my fiancee keeps reminding me, we are only allowed iPads AFTER we finish paying for various wedding expenses. It's good she's the disciplined one!

5. Silly Rabbit

Wise woman, your fiancee! :newpalm:

BUT...if there were a way to piggyback the WIFI iPad to use the iPhone for internet access, when there is no other WIFI...it would be a bit more justified... :p But then I'm still back to the "If I'm going to carry a bigger thing, it may as well be the netbook that can handle the stuff iPhone OS can't" thing...

6. r0k

r0k Dazed

Hmmm.... I can picture the bridal registry entry now...

This couple is registered at the Apple Store. Need: 2 iPads

:D:D:D:D

7. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

How can you possibly plan a wedding without an iPad? Don't you need the iPad to help track all the details, search and research, etc? Clearly it's an essential tool that will pay for itself. :newpalm:

EDIT: One more comment -- your gadget shopping will be severely curtailed after you're married. YOU'RE NOT MARRIED YET!!! :D

8. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

LOL

I wanted to register at Best Buy but was shot down. And if one more person makes a crack about us registering at Home Depot I'm going to smack them in the head with a drill. :D

9. Silly Rabbit

Actually, it's neat that stores, other than department/culinary stores have bridal registries now. I remember when we got married (1983), my husband, (who's kitchen expertise is pretty much limited to opening the refrigerator & knows we have a dishwasher, knows the vicinity of where it's located but wouldn't be able to find/open it, even if someone told him I was hiding gold bullion in there) said, "Everything that's for us is for you."

10. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

The iPod Touch will most likely go to my son. :)

AT&T has decreed that there will be no tethering of iPads to iPhones, especially since they decided to offer reduced data plans for $15/mo. to iPad 3G users. I'm still crazy for my iPhone & royally ticked that the new ones will be out in June. :mad: (I don't know that I would've waited if I'd known. :eek: )

For sheer joy of use, I prefer the iPad over BOB, the AAO (but don't tell him I said that. :D ) Live and learn; some chores are better performed with a PC, even a tiny one like BOB. However, if you take everything that you love about the iPod Touch and then magnify the Enjoyment Factor by at least 500% you'll have an idea about how handy the iPad is.

Apple has promised that we get the OS4 upgrade when available, likely in the Fall, so that's lovely. :) For me that means iPhone & iPad. YIPPEE! [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.