Shiny Objects Are my Downfall

Discussion in 'iOS / iPhone' started by questionfear, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

I can't help it...I'm super tempted by the iPad. I think part of my problem is that there's nothing compelling or non-vaporware on the Android side (except the Dell Mini 5, which is really too small to be a standalone tablet.)

Worst of all (or best of all, depending on whose side you're on), my fiancee really wants an iPad. And if she gets one I will definitely cave....bad bad QF!

2. brickman65

brickman65 It's a state of mind..

You'r WEAK QF!! WEAK I say!!:p :D

(Actually, I speed up every time I pass the Apple Store in an attempt to not be able to make the turn!) :D :rolleyes:

3. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

My office is next door to a mall with an Apple Store.

The second my fiancee gives the OK, I will be there, cash in hand. It's bad.

4. Guest

Guest Has Bad Feeling About This

I accidentally broke my netbook, and now I want an iPad SO BAD! But I'm pretty much out of money for the foreseeable future... :(

5. Varjak

Varjak Mobile Deity

I have to admit to thinking about the iPad immoderately; but it's so limited in some ways that my brain pretty much easily overpowers the desire to get one. If I really had the time to consume that many more books and periodicals than I already do, I'd consider it; but most of the other stuff it DOESN'T do, turns me off. Paying $500 more to read the same Times, New Yorker, and books I already do seems extravagant.

6. r0k

r0k Dazed

I was using my netbook the other day too close to the CHIPPER SHREDDER and I had to GET AN IPAD to replace it. The fact that the unfortunate accident occurred at 8:55 am on April 3rd was entirely a coincidence. Honestly. Really.

There. Now I feel slightly less guilty.

While I know the iPad is not supposed to be a netbook replacement, I have taken it places I normally take a netbook and I like it better than I ever liked the netbook in the same situations. I thought the netbook might replace my Macbook. I know better. And the iPad can do even less than the netbook, but it's a good compromise for a machine to have with me "on the road."

7. Silly Rabbit

Silly Rabbit In training!

QF, I also like shiny things & am also very tempted to get one. I've not seen one IRL yet. But thought about going to the Apple this week to see one. I keep telling myself my iPhone & netbook sufficiently cover my mobile computing needs.

But...

But...

But...

8. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Oh, for pity's sake; just do it! :D I'm loving mine - no turning back! :newpalm: (I was a Day One, too.)

Some are returning their early models in order to exchange for the 3G model, but the 14 day return period was over last Saturday and they'll be without until the new ones arrive, maybe next week. Those have a data plan involved; r0k and I are WiFi only.

It's the bomb. :cool:

9. Green Loontern

Green Loontern Gustatus similis pullus

I'm not sure that I can see a compelling need for both an iPhone and an iPad. Bigger screen? Meh. I'll squint and hold my iPhone a nit closer.

Now, if I didn't already have an iPhone...

10. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

I'm seeing a Goldilocks and the three Macs fable here... "and this one is juuuuust right!" :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.