Seriously Need Advice Please LD or T/X?

Discussion in 'Palm' started by MTHall49, Nov 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SGosnell

SGosnell (retired) Palm Pilot

And not to mention that the Drive Mode and Lifedrive Manager make transferring files and syncing cards much easier. Having those is worth money.

2. luigi

luigi Palm aficionado

Tx is faster. And I own a LD with CF upgrade. I don't know why, but compared side to side, Tx has a better behaviour, is more responsive, it acts like my T3 was acting...sigh...

I'd say go with Tx

Luigi

3. T.P. Reitzel

T.P. Reitzel Mobile Evangelist

No, the T|X is NOT faster unless you're running programs exclusively from the MicroDrive. Subjectively, you might THINK it's faster. I've owned both so I'm qualified to make this judgment. Video playback from the SAME 2 GB SD chip was visibly less jerky with the LifeDrive versus the T|X. Unfortunately, due to theft, I no longer have the T|X for more comparisons.

4. luigi

luigi Palm aficionado

You see, a thief prefers the Tx against LD...you know why...it's faster!!!

Seriously, I didn't make any trial with videos. I only made comparisons side by side (I only own LD, Tx was borrowed by a friend). Tx is way more responsive, just opening up applications (installed applications, say Docs to go, or versamail, or memos. DIgitizer has a better input response to graffiti (sometimes LD drives me nuts, I was much faster writing with my old T3 and 515! And with many less errors!), etc.
    I don't think is my units which is faulty, because overall it works fine. A couple of fellows with LD too, noticed the same behaviours...

Luigi

5. ladyhawk50

ladyhawk50 Newbie

I've always been biased to palm products but the Lifedrive has changed my mind. I have one that's a year old and I'm trying to sell it and no one will buy it. I keep getting errors that there is not enough memory to run my programs. I feel like pulverizing it:mad:

6. T.P. Reitzel

T.P. Reitzel Mobile Evangelist

1. Did you buy it new, and from whom?
    2. Have you every abused it, i.e. dropped it?
    3. Precisely state the problem
    4. I might buy it depending on the aforementioned criteria, and the ability to use it FIRST for a week with a small down payment. No, I won't give you anywhere near what you likely paid for it, i.e. $300+. Even Shawn would probably be interested.
    5. I KNOW the LifeDrive is a fine machine. Yes, it has its quirks and weaknesses, but it's fulfills my needs so thoroughly, I'd be willing to buy a non-abused, used one under the proper conditions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.