Seeking Thoughts Re: DateBk6 Template Storage Date 01/01/2020 Solution

Discussion in 'Applications/Utilities (Palm OS)' started by lelisa13p, Nov 13, 2019.

1. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

upload_2019-12-31_13-57-29.png upload_2019-12-31_13-58-2.png

Blech! Eeewwww! Lesson learned. *coughs up a hairball* :eek:

Thanks for passing the mints. I'll uh... just let myself out.

RickAgresta, lelisa13p and jigwashere like this.
  2. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

I swear, I've used mouthwash on the daily! Mints galore, and no more snacking on bait! Did our Lelisa vanish in a poof of DateBk6 calendar catastrophe? Can someone set their calendar back to 2019 and send her a message? :eek:

jigwashere and lelisa13p like this.
  3. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Hahaha! :vbgrin: I only today got the somewhat definitive results of all the date finagling. :vbsmile: Nice to know, hc, that you're minty fresh! I'm sure your missus appreciates it, too. :vbtongue:

I reset the date/s back to actual on Sunday, Jan 5th. My Calendar entry for today (Jan 8) reads thusly:

"Reset Date on all working Palm devices back to actual date (Sunday, Jan 5, 2020). Finagled date had naturally advanced from Jan 2 to Jan 7, 2020. Deleted all backup sets created during testing period to avoid potential conflicts. One consequence was that no automatic backup sets were run on the actual dates that had been backed up during testing, even though those test sets were removed. Also, some Template items appeared on January 7 , listed as Floating Events, and were no longer listed as Templates on 01/01/2020. I removed the Float indicator and saved the events as Templates again, removing the mistaken entries. January 7 was the last test date used and on January 8 there were no inconsistencies. Backup sets ran properly and no events were duplicated. Will continue to monitor.
    --------
    Testing DateBk6 for 01/01/2020 Templates and actual Calendar date."

Hook, jigwashere and headcronie like this.
  4. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

This was an official email sent out a day or so ago on the Pimlical forum by CESD. I don't know if it is helpful or not, but thought I would pass it on.

5. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Hook! Thanks so much for sharing. :vbsmile: That is interesting info to know! Although the glitches that I've experienced are not major, they are also not so obvious as to be anticipated, AFAICS. I appreciate knowing the rationale that CESD used in making that decision for the final product. He's a brilliant guy and DateBk6 is incredibly complex. :vbcool:

I guess the question now is whether the TX has another 11 or 17 years left in it to make it to the Finish Line. :vbsmile: And whether Chris Short will still be in the battery business. :thumbsup:

6. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

alternately, can you find someone to retrofit an available (at that time in 11/17 years) battery for the TX…

fwiw, my first non-feature phone, DroidX by Motorola, is collecting dust, due to being battery-less :( As a wifi only device, or gaming device (older games), it works - erm, ah, worked fine.

lelisa13p, jigwashere and headcronie like this.
  7. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

lelisa13p likes this.