Seeking Thoughts Re: DateBk6 Template Storage Date 01/01/2020 Solution

Discussion in 'Applications/Utilities (Palm OS)' started by lelisa13p, Nov 13, 2019.

1. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Exploring the Pimlico Software site, I can't find a likely way to contact him. Do you have any insight that might help? The Contact links at DateBk6 are broken.

Hook, jigwashere and scjjtt like this.
  2. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

3. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

Before scrambling for a solution, I think you should confirm there is a problem. Create a solid backup, change the date on your device to 12/31/2019, then wait a day and see what happens. Wait 2 days. :) Since 01/01/2020 is simply the template storage location Pimlico chose, I don't think it'll cause any problems. It might be weird for a day, maybe. Heck, I'm weird across way more than a single day, and it's really not a big deal. ;)

4. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

Sorry, I was out all day with my wife trying to not think about my phone being held hostage. ;-) But HC gave you the sme answer I would have. Yahoo has stopped hosting groups. The pimlical group moved to groups.io. I guess no one did something similar with the Datebk6 group.

5. lelisa13p

Thanks, guys, for that Contact link. :thumbsup:

jig, I'll try to test your experiment soon. :vbsmile: Given that we're getting into the home stretch heading into Thanksgiving holidays, I might have to wait until afterward. I'm kind of embarrassed that the thought of a "trial run" didn't occur to me, in light of the fact that I've been worrying about the "what ifs" for a while. :vboops: Thanks for the idea. :newpalm:

6. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

<OffTopic>this has had me wondering whats what for awhile. sometimes, what is pictured below is as pictured, other times it's sharp and clear; any thoughts?
    upload_2019-11-22_14-34-22.png
    it happens at the end of lelisa13p's signature, too. just checked to see if the image *outside* of BH is any different -- nope, same at Photobucket - maybe it's them?!
    EDIT: yeah, I think it's them. went back 12 years, to the start of 'my local weather is' and found this:

upload_2019-11-22_14-41-13.png

</OffTopic>

jigwashere and lelisa13p like this.
  7. headcronie

Photobucket has been on an extortion campaign trying to get their users to pay up for a service they were getting for free. I've long forgotten about my account there. I'd be lucky if I even remember how to log in. It's a dying service grasping for relevancy, and now money.

RickAgresta, jigwashere and lelisa13p like this.
  8. headcronie

9. headcronie

10. lelisa13p

Spot on, hc. :vbmad: When I began to notice the blurry pix around Labor Day, I figured something had changed behind the scenes forum-wise. After eliminating that supposition, I then scrounged around and found my login info to see what was happening over at Photobucket. Photobucket now wants $7/mo for access to formerly free items stored for years. And here's the kicker: If you want to remove your own images, you have to pay for a month in order to gain access for removal. :vbmad: AND payment is tied to a credit card charge that automatically renews monthly so the odds of getting charged for more than a single month for "housekeeping", before cancelling payments and closing Photobucket account, are not small. :vbmad:

RickAgresta and headcronie like this.