Searching for basic backup instructions

Discussion in 'Sync (Windows/Palm OS)' started by Glennski, May 16, 2012.

1. Glennski

Glennski How Little I Know -Bucky

Hi all, I did try searching thru the forums but don't seem to be able to locate a FAQ or sticky on how to back up one's palm data when upgrading to a new version of software and/or a new palm device. I know it's shrouded in the mists of this forum somewhere!:newpalm:

Thanks in advance, doing a complete housekeeping and want to get rid of a bunch of glitchy conflicts by doing a clean reinstall... without losing the whole shop.... :eek:

2. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

There's a "sticky" at the top of the Palm TX forum called "How to Upgrade" that basically tells how to backup your stuff and then how to reinstall from scratch. Read it for tips. Originally users were having problems going from RAM devices to NVFS devices because of conflicts from files particular to each type of system. The instructs are good for Spring Cleaning as well.

You can run a Backup app and save the current device contents to an SD card. Hard reset the device to restore to factory settings and then selectively install apps that you want to have (and registrations using the SD backup files.)

3. Glennski

Glennski How Little I Know -Bucky

Thanks so much Lelisa!! I will get with the program!! ;) Sounds like a plan and just in time for May spring cleaning too!! :newpalm:

I'd also like to take a second to thank Chris Short who gave me some needed info off this board, great resource for Palm users at: PalmDR.com, PDA Repair Done Right!

:cool: