Searching for a timer

Discussion in 'Applications/Utilities (Palm OS)' started by Meddlesom, Apr 27, 2014.

1. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

I forgot my manners. Welcome (back) to Brighthand, Meddlesom!

RickAgresta likes this.
  2. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

I'm not sure I understand what you want; but I thought Belltime did in fact have a repeatable timer that started when you clicked it, not at a pre-set time. i.e. a count-up or count-down timer.

Edit, I've often wondered why this isn't included in basic PDAs and smartphones. After all, there are lots of professions who would want something to remind them of set intervals. Lawyers often have such counters on their phone calls, because most are mandated to keep track of time in 6 minute increments.

3. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Glad your problem is solved; in Big Clock, there are a variety of timers you can pick from, including 'Loop' and 'Alarm and Loop' - no start date required. Just pick the timer at the bottom, tap Menu, Timers, and for the one you're using (1 - 4), you can choose the mode.

wozofoz and jigwashere like this.
  4. Meddlesom

Meddlesom Mobile Enthusiast

Yeah I'm not sure. One of the suggested programs here had an interval timer which had three fields to enter numbers in, one was the interval, and then the other two were a start and finish time, both required an AM or PM. One of the programs just wouldn't open on my TX at all, and one of them required several other prcs to be installed just to work so I skipped that one entirely. I went through at least 15 clock programs, so the names started running together, so sorry but I don't remember which was which at this point.

Megaclock was (and for most things, still is) my preferred one, but the timers on that were not recurring, so I was forced to set four of them, adding the interval to each timer and then running them all at once and having them go off in sequence. That worked awkwardly since I'd have to constantly reset them and couldn't keep precise timing. One of the other suggested clocks also had timers that worked that exact way.

This TimeDeluxe is a nice one though, for timers it'll let you name the timer, enter whatever interval you want, set it to be recurring or not, set the alarm sound to any of the system sounds or use a midi or wav, set how many times it beeps and when it stops beeping, all with a really nice interface. Plus it's got four of those timers. It's also got a stop watch, world clock, calendar, and analogue clock. Next best part is that it's in 320x480 and has a handful of built in skins, so it's also nice to look at.

It's just nice that I can still find uses for my pair of TX's when we've long since moved on to using smartphones. I still prefer them for ebooks over things like the kindle, and one of my TX's is my dedicated car stereo. Again, thanks for all the help everyone!

RickAgresta, wozofoz and jigwashere like this.