Searching for a timer

Discussion in 'Applications/Utilities (Palm OS)' started by Meddlesom, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Meddlesom

Meddlesom Mobile Enthusiast

I'm searching for a palm os garnet program that will act as a repeating timer. I've got megaclock, and it's got timers but they don't do exactly what I need. What I'm specifically looking for is a timer that I can be set to repeat after a specified amount of time, like having a beep that sounds every 30 minutes.

Anyone know of any programs like this? I know it's a stretch at this point, most people have probably moved on from their palm devices and I'm guessing that very few programs, if any, are being written for palm anymore, but I still use my two palm tx's all the time for various tasks.

2. r0k

r0k Dazed

Welcome to Brighthand, Meddlesom!

Sadly, all my Palm devices are collecting dust in drawers somewhere. I googled for palmos timer and found belltime. It's been freeware since 2011 so you shouldn't have any issues using it. Based on your post and the description on their web site, the feature you are looking for sounds most like Belltime's interval timer feature.

3. Meddlesom

Thanks! I've actually been here for a long time, but I had forgotten my password and my email address was with adelphia, which hasn't existed since 2006 now.

I'll give that belltimer a shot, that's one that didn't pop up during my searching at all.

jigwashere likes this.
  4. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

I believe BigClock includes a repeating timer feature. I can't remember if it works on the TX, though. I seem to recall having some trouble with this app on one of my Palm devices.

wozofoz and scjjtt like this.
  5. Meddlesom

Okay, I've given both BellTime and BigClock a try.

BellTime is close to being what I want, so close, but yet so far... it does have a repeating timer, but it wants a specific start time. I can't simply start the timer at a whim and have it do its thing because it requires a specific scheduled time to start AND stop, and the lowest unit of time it supports is minutes.

BigClock seemed to have the feature but it seemed to have the same issue that I had with BellTime, I had to give it a specific starting time and couldn't just start it at a moment's notice.

I did find a program with exactly what I want though, and it's called TimeDeluxe. Unfortunately it's shareware with a 10 day trial... and the developer has long since moved on the ipad stuff... so who knows if I will ever be able to get it registered. I sent an email, so... who knows. Guess I'll keep looking.

6. jigwashere

Palmary Soft Alarms looks like it has an hourly alarm. I wonder if you could program it for a fraction of an hour. There is a download link that seems to work, but I don't know if it's going to bug you for a license. I get the impression their pmt system isn't available.

Alarms for Palm OS - The Best Alarm Program for Palm OS

RickAgresta likes this.
  7. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

I'll try to take a look at BigClock tonight -- I seem to recall that there were a couple of different ways to configure it's timers/alarms.

8. Meddlesom

Hey, good news. Deluxeware replied to my email and gave me a registration for TimeDeluxe. My search for the right timer is over, and the program has plenty of other good features too... so, I'm happy. Thanks for all the help!

wozofoz likes this.
  9. jigwashere

I remember having trouble finding a timer that had features I wanted. Rereading OP's requirements, I'm not optimistic there's going to be anything that'll work.

10. jigwashere

RickAgresta and Hook like this.