SDHC to CF adaptor?

Discussion in 'Other Device Manufacturers' started by Disconnected, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wingman2000

wingman2000 Mobile Consultant

Surprisingly with CF energy saving option off my ipaq lost only 8% over 9 hours. Compared to my Sandisk ultra II 512MB CF-card this is much less (normally about 14%). I hope HP will bring out an update fix or a new firmware that solves this problem soon.

2. GloryQuest

GloryQuest iPAQ 210 Owner

It's the opposite for me. I checked once more overnight to be sure (about 8 hours) and using the CF adapter lost 8%, but when I use my Adata 4GB Turbo 266X CF, it only loses 2-3% over the same time period.

Agreed. But from what I've been reading in various threads here lately, HP isn't noted for fixing much or being speedy about it when they do.

3. wingman2000

wingman2000 Mobile Consultant

Good to know that your Adata CF-card causes hardly battery drain. Perhaps I'll have to get on of these. Actually I wanted to invest in SD cards only and to reuse my 4GB Transcend SD-card with the adaptor.

4. xtonda

xtonda Mobile Deity

5. xtonda

xtonda Mobile Deity

I managed to perform some test or benchmark of mentioned SDHC to CF adapter.

I did artificial tests using ATTO Disk Benchmark with my Pretec Class 6 16GB SDHC card on PC.

This card using SDHC slot of 64in1 card reader exhibited read speed 20 MByte/s and write speed 17.5 Mbyte/s. SDHC card in SDHC to CF adapter and in CF slot of the same reader did 8 MByte/s read and 3.25 MByte/s write.

Other test was real life one. I did shot several images with my Panasonic FZ7 digital camera and let them saved as TIF sized 15 MByte each on Sandisk Extreme III 2GB SD card, placed the card into adapter and into CF slot of iPAQ 214, mentioned Pretec was in SDHC slot of iPAQ. Then I copied files from Sandisk card to Pretec using Total Commander CE 2.5. Copy time of single file took something around 17 or 18 seconds so copy speed was something from 800 to 900 KByte/s.

So performance of this adapter is not stellar and using it within DSLR digital camera would impact performance significantly, but for iPAQ it offers much more than can be utilized.

Panasonic announced SDHC to SD adapter recently

http://ctlg.panasonic.jp/product/info.do?pg=04&hb=BN-CSDACP3

but I was unable to find any info about it's performance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.