SD Question

Discussion in 'Palm' started by ufdatuda, Oct 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reb1

reb1 Mobile Deity

Rubyrose: Does your palm hotsync with your comp. If so you should be able to load to the memory card through the hotsync. When you had only a couple of reader selections on the site that you did not post the name of you probably were on there mobile site. If you are using your computer to download ebooks on manybooks they have 19 selections for each book. On my palm I have Plucker/PalmFiction/eReader Pro/Mobipocket/isilo to read ebooks. All are free except isilo. eReader Pro for windows comp is also free and there is a free program called DropBook that you can use to turn a text into an eReader .pbd so you can read it in ereader on your palm. Most of the readers have very good features for reading your books. The main reason I like the palm for reading books is that many books only come in certain formats. Having a few readers and also being able to convert some to other formats makes the palm more flexible than many book readers.

2. Rubyrose

Rubyrose Newbie

Hi Reb1,

I thought I had answered your last post but I can't see it in BH. I don't know why but I'm not getting notified when anyone answers my last reply. Before I had always been notified when I had replies on other threads.

Do you know what I need to do to fix this on BH. ?

I tried to see if anyone had answered my last post but I can't get any further than this post from you.

Anyway, I do have several book reading programs....iSilo, ereaderPro, mobireader, & I think one more that I can't think of right now. I did try to put several books I found on Many books
    on the SD card using syncing but apparently I needed to set up a file for them. It says Application Directory: 3 Items, 1.3 MB but it doesn't list the books separately so I can't open them, right?

I have only used the card for Backupman. I don't remember if I did
    format the card when I put BUM on it. I only did what Lelisa told me to do. I really didn't understand what I was doing. I am so grateful to her & the rest of the people who helped me so much. It really saved me so much aggravation & time several times when I had a hard reset happen. BUM is amazing....a couple clicks & it puts everything back on my T3. Before that I had to put each program back on it one by one.

Anyway, How do I delete the books I put on there? Then do I make the file on the card & then sync them onto the card?

Thanks so much for your help.
    Rubyrose

3. reb1

reb1 Mobile Deity

There are several ways to delete files in memory or on the card. If you cant find them with the standard delete program on the palm then a file manager like filez will help out allot. When you are in the applications screen tap the menu and select delete when it opens up select device or the name of your memory card by tapping the onscreen button at the top of the screen and look by scrolling or using graffiti to place the first letter or number of the file name you are looking for and scroll. If you find it select the on screen delete button and it will be deleted. If you cant find it then use filez to find it.
    FileZ
    If the book files you want to delete are on the memory card you can put the card in a memory card reader hooked to the pc and open up the files and see what you need to remove on the screen. You just right click and choose delete on the computer.
    If you have files that your readers can't read then there could be several problems as to why your reader programs are not using them. They could still be zipped or in some other compressed format. They could be the wrong kind of file also. prc and pdb are what the palm uses. prc is the application and pdb is the info such as the dictionary library. Your readers use different variations of these files for there software to read. So someone can be of better help I need you to tell us exactly what you did and how with these files. Also where did you get them from. What kind of file did you download. Did you unzip it and remove it from the folder before installing it on the palm. How you installed it hotsync or dragging to the memory card. I previously posted several user friendly free ebook sites to help get you started. If you haven't tried manybooks.net you should. They have all there ebooks in all of the reader formats you mentioned you have. Post back with more info and someone will help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.