1. We will be doing some work to upgrade the forum platform and add new features and style options beginning at 10 a.m. EST on Tuesday, September 23 and lasting for approximately 30 minutes. This will include about 10 minutes of site downtime and another 10-20 minutes where the forum will be read-only (no new posts allowed). We'll take down this message once work is complete.

SD Initial Fail!!!

Discussion in 'iPAQ h4000 series' started by Buckbeak, Nov 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buckbeak

Buckbeak Newbie

I've gotten this message twice already in only a week of owning the 4150 "SD Initial Fail!!!". All of the buttons become unresponsive - and a soft reset does nothing - it requires a hard reset to clear the message on the screen.

I'm using a Sandisk 64MB MMC card - hopefully it's a problem with the card and not the 4150. There have been reports on this board about people having problems with Sandisk. I'm thinking about getting a Lexar 256MB SD card and see if that helps the situation.

I've copied all of my programs CAB files to the SD card because I can't trust the thing to keep running without a cold reset.

Has anyone else had this problem?
  2. imported_Osiris22x

imported_Osiris22x Mobile Enthusiast

I have one word for you.

SANDISK.

Their SD cards are utter crap. I have never seen, nor owned one, that functioned correctly.
  3. flykaster

flykaster Mobile Evangelist

I have owned three Sandisk cards, still do, and have never had a problem with them. Two SD cards (128, 256) and a CF 256. Had them over a year and been through 3 Ipaqs. Matter of fact they have lasted longer than my Ipaq's!
  4. DeBary_FL

DeBary_FL Mobile Deity

I have to agree. I have 2 Sandisk 256-MB SD cards that I've had for well over a year and a 512-MB Sandisk SD card that I've had for about 10 months. Never had a single problem with any of them.
  5. imported_voyager

imported_voyager Guest

Count me in....(I just hate being left out:D)

I have a 512MB SanDisk CF and 2 SanDisk 256MB SD cards and I have NEVER had a problem with them. In fact I used to have a Lexar 128MB CF and SD card and had to return them for poor performance. Can't wait for the 1GB SD card from SanDisk!

just my .02 cents.

Could be a bad SD Reader on your 4150....If you can, I wud take it back for an exchange or contact hp.

voyager
  6. kikedeolivos

kikedeolivos Mobile Deity

1x128 Mb (1.5 years) and a 256 Mb (1 year), both Sandisks, 0 probs.here.
  7. pgh1969pa

pgh1969pa Mobile Evangelist

And I've owned 3 Sandisk SD cards (2-128MB & 1-256MB) and all three failed! I'm glad you had good experiences with them but Sandisk are still marginal by thier own admission! Sandisk admitted to me over the phone that certain lot numbers of thier cards were bad.
  8. YodaSpank

YodaSpank Mobile Enthusiast

Just to add to this discussion... their new Ultra 2 Cards are among the fastest you can buy, and I have seen 0 problems with them. Most people have had trouble with their run of the mill stuff.... $90 will get you a Sandisk Ultra II card in a 256mb capacity.
  9. ale2999

ale2999 PPC enthusiast

256 sd scandisk, 4 month old, working perfectly
  10. imported_Osiris22x

imported_Osiris22x Mobile Enthusiast

That's SANdisk....not sCan...
  11. woopop

woopop Mobile Evangelist

Can the 4155 actually take advantage of the speed boost the ultra 2 cards have to offer? or is there really no performance gain and one might as well go with a normal and cheaper SD card?

12. YodaSpank

YodaSpank Mobile Enthusiast

The write speed is faster, and you do notice. Your looking at $85 for a 256meg UltraII card, free shipping, is that not cheap enough... ?