Screen Protector for 210

Discussion in 'Other Device Manufacturers' started by colcha, Feb 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. colcha

colcha Newbie

Just picked up the HX4700 version of the Boxwave ClearTouch Anti Glare screen protector for my iPaq 210 and it fits really nicely with no trimming necessary. Thought this may be of interest for those (like myself!) who don't wish to leave their 210 naked and who can't wait for the 210 specific version to come out!

BTW, I'm not affiliated with Boxwave, just a happy customer.

2. techfan

techfan Mobile Evangelist

colcha how does it affect the screen's sensitivity? is it easier for tapping etc? Thanks :)

3. stallen

stallen Mobile Deity

I've posted a couple hours ago in the 4700 forum trying to find out the exact size of the 4700 screen.

This is good to hear. I'd like to order the invisibleSHIELD for the 4700 to fit the 210. So could you be a little more specific? Would you say it is a perfect fit? or is it "off" at all? If so, about how much?

4. colcha

colcha Newbie

It fits well enough that you would never find the stylus touching the actual screen itself.

In objective terms, the gap from the screen protector to the edge of the screen is approximately 0.9mm (YMMV if you decide to go with a different brand). If the gap were any smaller, it would be very difficult to remove the screen protector down the track.

I can't say that sensitivity has improved by any great amount (I would be surprised if this were the case with any screen protector). However, writing is certainly easier as the ClearTouch has more of a paper like feel which means there is less slippage.

5. MD1032

MD1032 Mobile Evangelist

Having owned around 8 or so invisibleshields myself (and adding) I have to say that they're amazing, but at the same time I would not recommend them for PDA's. My dad got one for his M500 and it really made it a lot harder to use. The stylus has a great tendency to "stick" to (rather than glide over) the surface of the invisibleshield in a weird way that makes it hard to use. Since the invisibleshield works too well, this doesn't wear off over time, either.

6. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Former TX/Ipaq 210 User

MD1032,
    A swipe of Pledge about once every 2 months will slick it right up. Might even try a drop of Armor All once a year!
    Mick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.