Scjjtt's Memorial Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by scjjtt, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Hook

Hook Her Clack is Worse Than Her Bite

Good news about your Mom, Scott.

2. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

Thanks for the update on your mom, Scott. We had such a good experience with home hospice and palliative care in the hospital, I didn't realize there was any stigma attached to it. I hope your family, and especially your mom, is able to get the support, care and comfort you all deserve.

That's too bad about your phone experience, especially on Father's Day! I don't think I would've suspected an issue with the SIM card, either. I seem to recall "tech support" suggesting a factory reset quite early in the process of reading through their scripts whenever I would call with an issue, rather than addressing the real problem. I'm glad you finally got it straightened out! Having Google Voice on your tablet as a backup a really smart move.

Hook, raspabalsa, RickAgresta and 3 others like this.
  3. RickAgresta

RickAgresta General Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Good to hear about your Mom :newpalm:, bad to hear about the phone :vbmad:

4. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers for my mother and our family. We were able to get her on in home hospice care. After the initial meeting with her the hospice nurse told my dad and sister that she didn't have days but most likely weeks, but it is hard to estimate that on a first visit.

I was able to have a good couple of weeks with her. When I first got there she would sleep 23.5 hours a day. At the best, before I left, she might have been awake for 4 hours. The only thing she can do for herself is to slowly wipe her mouth with a tissue.

Her mind is still good. She loves telling the story when she sent me to school with a fat lip my junior year because I mouthed off to her. While helping to take care of her, I bumped her head. She quickly informed me of that. I told her that she shouldn't have given me a fat lip to go to school with. She said, "Bend down here again and I'll give you another fat lip!" LOL

Mrs scjjtt got there, on our orignial day of arrival (I was 2 weeks early) and got to spend time with her. Most likely, unless something else happens, this was the last time I'll see her alive here on earth. I'm thankful for the promises of heaven and that my mom has her faith in Jesus Christ and the resurrection.

Again, thanks for all your love and support to me. You are a great family!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab A (10.1") /128GB using Tapatalk

Mi An, jigwashere, lelisa13p and 5 others like this.
  5. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Thank you for the news, Scott. I really feel for you and your family. You're very fortunate to have had the chance to spend a couple of weeks with her. I hope that you all find the strength to continue.

jigwashere, lelisa13p, scjjtt and 2 others like this.
  6. Hook

Hook Her Clack is Worse Than Her Bite

Thank you for sharing, Scott. I'm sure her passing will be that much more peaceful for having spent that time surrounded by family. May you find peace in your heart over the next days and weeks and years.

jigwashere, lelisa13p, scjjtt and 2 others like this.
  7. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

*Hugs*

Sent from my Samsung Note 20 Ultra using Tapatalk

Mi An, jigwashere, lelisa13p and 3 others like this.
  8. RickAgresta

RickAgresta General Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Scott, I can't say it better than Hook did. May you, your family, your friends find peace.

9. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Life is hard, sprinkled with moments of Grace. Love to you and yours, Rev.

Mi An, scjjtt, headcronie and 3 others like this.
  10. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

It's great you were able to have some good moments with your mom as well as your family. It sounds like you have been able to give each other a great deal of love and support while navigating a time fraught with emotion. I'm glad you continue to enjoy the all the good memories with your mom and her sense of humor. You will all have an incredible family reunion, with Christ at the center of the party! :newpalm:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
    Mi An, scjjtt, Hook and 3 others like this.