Scjjtt's Memorial Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by scjjtt, Jun 12, 2021.

1. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

I'm with Jig - lazy. I too lost 2 widgets but everything else stayed the same.

FYI - My dad called Tuesday morning & said my mom barely made it through the night. They said their good byes & all. He thought I'd want to know. I immediately got on a plane & came to be with them in Ohio.

My mom has been bed ridden for last 4 years or so & has Parkinson's. Her mind, though is still sharp! We moved them into my sister's apartment, that is in her walk out basement, 2 years ago. My sister & her family were in Myrtle Beach - they come back Sunday.

Mrs scjjtt & I were coming out on 6/22 to visit our family - all in Ohio - I just came 2 weeks earlier. I didn't want my dad to be alone. Right now she is in no pain but is only awake for feeding & a little in the mornings.

My dad is a super hero - the way he loving cares for her. I couldn't have asked for better parents.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

2. RickAgresta

RickAgresta General Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Scott, I'm so sorry to hear this. It's always difficult to lose a loved one - it's worse when it's a parent. Thank-you for considering us close enough to share this very personal news. I wish you and all of your family the best.

Mi An, scjjtt, jigwashere and 3 others like this.
  3. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Rev, I'm so sorry that your family is going thru this. Parkinson's is such a cruel disease and inflicts its cruelty on every family member. When my father passed away from cancer in 1994, he'd been diagnosed with Parkinson's a few months earlier but it hadn't had time to seize him, given his other circumstance. In a Twilight Zone moment of realization :vbfrown:, I am 2 years older this year than he was when he passed.

Prayers for you folks.

Mi An, scjjtt, jigwashere and 3 others like this.
  4. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

So saddened to hear this news, Scott. I am glad you were able to quickly depart to be with them. The Rev Mrs. HC and I send hugs to all of you as you traverse these next stages in life with all the changes to come.

Sent from my Samsung Note 20 Ultra using Tapatalk

Mi An, scjjtt, lelisa13p and 3 others like this.
  5. Hook

Hook Helga in Disguise!

I'm so sorry, Scott, as the others have said. My sister-in-law's husband died of Parkinson's about a year ago, just before Covid, so it was very hard for her being shut in after he passed. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Mi An, RickAgresta, scjjtt and 3 others like this.
  6. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

Scott, I'm sorry about your mom. Your dad is a superhero, and has clearly passed that nature on to you. God's good courage to you and your family as you gather together surrounding your mom and each other with love and support. Peace.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
    Mi An, RickAgresta, scjjtt and 3 others like this.
  7. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

I'm very sad to hear the news about your mom, Scott, but I'm glad to know your family will be together with your mom and supporting your dad. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Mi An, lelisa13p, RickAgresta and 4 others like this.
  8. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

Thanks to all. I'm hoping she can hold on until Mrs scjjtt comes on the 22nd. Yesterday she was pretty weak & was in bed all day - here at 11am we got her in chair. She's been awake this morning more than all day yesterday.

My sister & husband come in tonight.

Thanks to my B.H. family. I don't even put this stuff out on F.B.! All of you here have been such an important part of my life. Thanks again!

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

Mi An, raspabalsa, lelisa13p and 4 others like this.
  9. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Love for you is here, Rev.

RickAgresta, Hook, jigwashere and 2 others like this.
  10. internetpilot

internetpilot Flying Dog (...duh...)

God bless your mom and the scjjtt family during this time (and always). I will add you all to my prayers.

Mi An, lelisa13p, scjjtt and 4 others like this.