Schedule sync times & days with Microsoft Exchange?

Discussion in 'iOS / iPhone' started by headcronie, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

Well, you can actually shut down Google, so I suspect you mean that, for some other reason you can't. You can always go into accounts and turn off the Gmail conduit... you'll of course get a tidal wave when you turn it back on the the morning or after a week-end.:vbeek: However, it can be done. :vbwink:

scjjtt likes this.
  2. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

Having to do things manually, means they never get done. I have an email client that does this for me. So I stop Google. Google is always there waiting though...

Sent from my Samsung Note IV

scjjtt likes this.
  3. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

jigwashere and headcronie like this.
  4. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

I really want Outlook for my Nexus 6, but won't install it again until it gets some serious updates. I'm using the Gmail app for my non-Gmail account, and while it's okay for my basic needs, it fails when I try to search, forcing me to log in through a browser window. I use Outlook on my desktop calendar and mail, and would love it if I could do all that on my smartphone, too.

5. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

Take a look at Aquamail. I use it for all my accounts. Very feature rich.

jigwashere likes this.
  6. headcronie

Looks like I can't even test some of these. We've disabled most of our access to our Exchange server, so any app that relies on a 3rd party cloud to access your exchange server won't even connect.

I'm bout ready to throw in the towel on this. Time for a smarter phone. Sorry, didn't mean to hurt your feelings, Apple. Wait, yes I meant that. ;)

7. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

I'll look! Thanks.
    Can't you reroute her email through your home server and control it that way? ;)

RickAgresta likes this.
  8. headcronie

I could, but she enjoys her gainful employment. She's also the bread winner. I'd rather not jeopardize that in any way. ;)

RickAgresta, Hook and jigwashere like this.
  9. r0k

r0k Dazed

I find that on my iPhone both the gmail client and the native iOS mail client wait for me to open the app before they fetch email. I have all my accounts set to push, including an exchange account from school, my gmail account and whatever the heck iCloud email is using (probably not exchange). It is a minor annoyance but I choose to ignore it as long as the "refresh wait" isn't excessive when I decide it's time to check my email.

headcronie and jigwashere like this.
  10. headcronie

Unfortunately, that scenario isn't an option for her. When she is on the clock, she needs email to sync without intervention. The problem is, when she is off the clock, especially on her days off, we need to make it stop fetching unless manually told to. Interesting observation though.

She is due for an upgrade. Just need to convince the powers that be, that it is time to do so. That may be the biggest challenge yet. :p

RickAgresta and jigwashere like this.